Fishing Mishaps

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jholder
Participant
Participant

Re: Fishing Mishaps

Post by Jholder »

Ouch. :shock: thats a new one.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Kinda funny Rivermonster.. when I clicked on one of the photos, they offer interesting framed prints or canvas wraps of your punctured head!

Craig
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

RJ wrote:I laughed about that story for a week after I heard it in person. Sorry about that... :lol:

RJ
.... and he omitted the part where it cost me $625.00 to get the motor repaired. :?
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Jholder wrote: who knows whats next, but thats what makes the tales..

Forget to unplug the extension to the inboard charger. Drag 20 feet of said extension for 40 miles. :oops:
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

River Monster wrote:
lape0019 wrote:
I ended up with 3 stitches, a nice button they hand out for fishing accidents and a pretty cool story.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

StarTzar wrote:

Forget to unplug the extension to the inboard charger. Drag 20 feet of said extension for 40 miles. :oops:
...omitted to mention that one to me! Image Image
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Jholder
Participant
Participant

Post by Jholder »

TheMaverick wrote:
StarTzar wrote:

:lol: Yupp, Been there, done that. block heater, shore power cord on my trailer.
At the least id guess that no one ventured to close to your load haha
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

TheMaverick wrote:
StarTzar wrote:

When we had the Stratos. I was sure you knew about that one.
Pulled in to the Tim Horton. You got the coffee and I got the extension.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

If there was an Oscar for Best Mishap ... River Monster would get my vote hands down.

:occasion-partyangel: :occasion-partyblower: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :laughing-rolling: :occasion-clown: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench:
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

some of these are just hilarious :lol: :lol:

I cant really think of a mishap right now but something pretty wild happened to me last Monday on the ice :shock:

A buddy and I were fishing lakers in 60 feet of water in my 4 man pop up when all of a sudden the water in his hole started to bulge up and down like when a big fish is about to come up only thing is.. neither of us were hooked up. Confused we look at each other and then back to the hole. The next thing we know a muskrat flys out of the hole and starts running around in the pop up :shock: :shock:
we both jump up start screaming like little girls, knock over everything in the shack and break an ice rod before I boot it back down the hole and were both standing there like idiots asking each other wt :!: just happened!!
we ended up getting skunked and blamed it on that muskrat..... and to wrap it up it happened on MUSKRAT LAKE of all places :lol: :lol:

by far one of the most random craziest things that has ever happened to me out on the ice!
you just never know :lol: :lol:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Chevy Champagne wrote::

I cant really think of a mishap right now lol: :lol:
Leaving the house with a boat full of expensive SHIMANO rods and reels....getting to the lake two hours later with no expensive SHIMANO rods and reels :?: :?:
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Bass Addict wrote:
Chevy Champagne wrote::

I cant really think of a mishap right now lol: :lol:
Leaving the house with a boat full of expensive SHIMANO rods and reels....getting to the lake two hours later with no expensive SHIMANO rods and reels :?: :?:
BA, I think Chevy meant he CHOOSES not to think of a mishap right now. I remember when he posted that. I would not have been too happy if it were me!

Looking back on it though, it is pretty funny.
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

Too many to mention, and I am not sure that the statute of limitations has run out on all of them.

I should add that the statute of limitations on the Truly Stupid Things You've Done Act, section 2, is forever..............

BTW did you know that if you hit the water buck naked at thirty miles an hour, you actually BOUNCE a couple times before you go under? So I hear..........

And you're ice fishing and decide to build a little bonfire to warm up. And if you throw your Coleman lantern fuel into a bonfire just as you are jumping over it, you can lose all of your facial hair. So I hear....

And if you do the Coleman fuel thing whist jumping over said bonfire buck naked, you can singe pretty much ALL of your body hair. So I hear....

And never get your dad to fillet the hook out of your arm, he cares too much about you and it will distress him. Find a stranger to do it instead. So I hear....

And if you are sitting in a puddle at the bait shop parking lot, don't stuff dew worms up your nose to get a reaction from passers-by........you might laugh and snort the dew worm into your sinus cavity, where it is highly uncomfortable. So I hear.....
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

Was fishing with my dad in back lakes of Algonquin Park. We were doing well, and I asked my dad to let me off on a rock point to cast while he fished from the canoe. As he was paddling around, he managed to tip the canoe and floundered about in 3 feet of water. We collected all our gear, including my waterlogged SLR Nikon camera worth $850. It didn't work....

Once back in town, the camera shop deemed it busted, but my insurance company would not cover my loss due to the deductable, but they suggested I claim it on my dad's policy as his vandalism on my property. Which we did, and I got my $850 back dad's insurance.

Dad asked if he could try to fix my camera, which he couldn't, so he packaged up the parts and sent it by mail to the Nikon repair location with $850 worth of insurance.

It never arrived !!! So my dad got $850 from Canada Post and bought a camera for himself.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Maple wrote:Was fishing with my dad in back lakes of Algonquin Park. We were doing well, and I asked my dad to let me off on a rock point to cast while he fished from the canoe. As he was paddling around, he managed to tip the canoe and floundered about in 3 feet of water. We collected all our gear, including my waterlogged SLR Nikon camera worth $850. It didn't work....

Once back in town, the camera shop deemed it busted, but my insurance company would not cover my loss due to the deductable, but they suggested I claim it on my dad's policy as his vandalism on my property. Which we did, and I got my $850 back dad's insurance.

Dad asked if he could try to fix my camera, which he couldn't, so he packaged up the parts and sent it by mail to the Nikon repair location with $850 worth of insurance.

It never arrived !!! So my dad got $850 from Canada Post and bought a camera for himself.
As an insurance agent Maple I find this despicable...no I actually think that was ingenius on your dads part!! Tell him kudoo's from an insurance guy. By the way did he send it to Nikon care of wrong address in Nepal!! lol
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL