TEAM 28

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Pembrokespanky
Participant
Participant

Re: TEAM 28

Post by Pembrokespanky »

cbanford wrote:My problem with the post is, it is attacking all tournament anglers! And it rips the heart out when it happens.

Every tour angler has had these days! Tour anglers are a tight knit group! We all act like we are about to go to war the way we prepare for tournaments. If the original post was not about a tournament, and the poster just call them meatballs or worse, this thread would be dead! I sure would have said nothing as I know neither parties involved personally.
I reread the OP and I don't see anywhere where he "attacks all tournament anglers" at all, in fact he states in the 2nd paragraph the post is not targeted at other tournament anglers. :?
Shayne O'Brien
cbanford
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cbanford »

By attacking a somebodies crap tournament day and saying your not doing it towards other teams means nothing! It's still offensive to me and all other tour anglers. Why do you think so many people have replied against this type of thead!!!
Pembrokespanky
Participant
Participant

Post by Pembrokespanky »

While Smitty's post isn't something I would have done, with all due respect you are reading something into his post that just isn't there. :roll:
Shayne O'Brien
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

I understand how difficult it can be for individuals with an imminent predilection to “pomposity”, such as myself, to allow the understanding of humility.

Loss, defeat, failure, strong feelings of vulnerability and helplessness, all were more than present come 4pm knowing we would be weighing in one fish!

Tournament angling more so often embraces with open arms the growth of achievements, the buildup of success to whom would feel like overwhelming experiences of joy, and they are, but soon end up being a setup to bring you once again, the lesson of humility.

I’m a hard headed angler, hence they will be a few repeat lessons until I finally learn. In a way, fishing competitively keeps me grounded, and that for years to come.

In hopes this thread is to be inspirational to upcoming tourney anglers as much as the weekend warriors.

I am no “Pro”, I’m an enthusiast, and I love fishing.
With that being said, it’s a good thing no one noticed we weighed in a big ZERO on day 2 :o

Marc-Antoine Dufour, Team 28…I guess you already knew that.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Pembrokespanky wrote:While Smitty's post isn't something I would have done, with all due respect you are reading something into his post that just isn't there. :roll:
Not sure as to why you want to keep dancing.....you're entitled to your opinion, but i think what needed to be said has been brought forward.

Time to let this one sink to the bottom, and move on to better things.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
cbanford
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cbanford »

Well I guess we are all wrong then!

As a tour organizer I have pretty much hung up my rods, so my days of zero's are over anyways! I can say it was refreshing to see Mr.Shibata (renegade bass) voice his opinion against this type of insult towards their anglers!
Pembrokespanky
Participant
Participant

Post by Pembrokespanky »

[quote=Not sure as to why you want to keep dancing.....you're entitled to your opinion, but i think what needed to be said has been brought forward.

Time to let this one sink to the bottom, and move on to better things.[/quote

My reply wasn't directed at you. If you'd like to stop dancing then by all means have a seat.
Last edited by Pembrokespanky on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shayne O'Brien
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

RJ wrote:Well there ya have it. Arguably the best bass fisherman of our generation Kevin VanDam donutted today on the Delaware River at the Bassmaster event. Chirp him on the Bassmaster forum Smitty.. :lol: :lol: RJ
Come on Rob. That's like comparing Al's Steak house to MacDonald's. KVD has class and would never stoop to the level that these two guys do on a regular basis in this forum. If they would stick mostly to actual fishing then I wouldn't have a problem at all. They certainly know way more about bass fishing than I ever will. It's not only me that they gang up on here, there's plenty of members here who have had to endure their sarcastic and disrespectful comments as they hijack thread after thread to try and prove that they are funny and stroke their egos. The difference being is that I don't put up with their BS when it is aimed at me, and I will react. Turning the other cheek doesn't get rid of the smell. I have received plenty of support in the past from mods, ex mods, and other members who agree with me all the way. I also know of guys that I have recommended this forum to and later they have asked me who those two guys are who have way more posts that have nothing to do with fishing and more to do with trolling as they seek out opportunities to get on someone's case. Why do you think they both got banned from this site?
Btw, none of those guys became members. How many other lurkers never join because they read and see what goes on here. Lots!! Right now there are 11 guests and 5 registered users online. What does that say? To me, a forums success is predicated by the amount of active members it has, and IMO their type of mocking behavior degrades this site and keeps the "usership" down. But hey, maybe I'm wrong, but I see new members joining and then for the majority of them they never post or hardly at all. Oh well...

To all the bass guys out there and all the gear guys that responded, like I said this was not about bass fishermen or tourneys by any means or gear in general. Paul, that was an eloquent post, and I totally expected like responses. All cool. I commend you for having their back and all but as for this idea being espoused by some that they were swinging for the fences all day long, well that's kinda lame to me. Sounds more like a feeble excuse. Isn't the idea to get total weight in a tourney? It sure doesn't sound like a very good strategy for a newer team especially. I mean, if targeting very large fish isn't working, would you not change techniques and maybe target 3 pounders? There's a line somewhere about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

There is a history here that many aren't aware of and it has become kinda personal again, unfortunately. I don't expect everyone to understand. So I took my shot when they left themselves wide open... :wink: I wouldn't call it friendly bantering among competitors, that's for sure. But you have to admit it is pretty sad for any two guys out fishing bass for a day to only catch one fish. Guides would go out of business pretty quick.

To all those that think I went too far, well cry me a river. That's what happens when you get dragged into the sewers by rats, sometimes you have to get your boots dirty. It's certainly not my normal style as I often willingly go out of my way to help folks, that's just my nature. These two guys often go out of there way to demean and belittle people whenever they see the chance. So why are you defending them? They're big boys who like to dish it out, they don't need or deserve your sympathy. But whatever, I'm also getting support from the other side of the fence. Do I regret it now? Nope, not at all. They had it coming.

Once in a while I hear someone saying that they are nice guys in person. That may be, but it sure doesn't seem to be the case when they get behind a keyboard here. Maybe they should take a lesson from Brad or Adam. Now those are nice guys who I never see making degrading comments or insinuations to any other members, even if they don't share the same opinions.

Nuff said. Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

You can't take things too seriously on the internet, i find some of their posts hilarious. Good luck on the next tourney :D
Cy
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

cbanford wrote:Well I guess we are all wrong then!

As a tour organizer I have pretty much hung up my rods, so my days of zero's are over anyways! I can say it was refreshing to see Mr.Shibata (renegade bass) voice his opinion against this type of insult towards their anglers!

I have to chime in on this part of the post. Cbanford...if you are taking to heart a comment meant to be directed to an individual and or team and somehow think it is directed to all the brotheren of tourney fishing then maybe it was time to hang up the rods. I may not be a professional or semi pro angler but I was once a well sought after draft pick for baseball and if I felt every comment to one individual was directed to us all then I would have driven myself crazy. I am 100% sure that this was directed to those individuals only and not the core group as a whole. I also would like to think that someone as respected as Paul and as good of a guy as Paul did not intend that also. I am sure he has had his share of knockdowns and blow out punches directed his way and as a true professional you need to direct that negative energy in other directions and not take things so personally. In my little years of learning wisdom I have learned that not everything in life needs to be about everyone unless you crave the attention something like this brings and rides it for a while. I do not know you Cbanford and have no reason not to respect you or your thoughts but from one person who has dealt with this pressure to another....It's not always about you!!
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

smitty55 wrote:
To all those that think I went too far, well cry me a river.
You did you go to far! You insulted the gear guys and tournament guys. You kicked guys when they are down.

Enemies or friends there some things you just don't say or do.

There is a classy way to dish it out and than there is your way.

Right now the Dufour's are handling this thread with class and you keep digging yourself deeper and deeper.
- Rick Ozga
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

12 :roll:
Pembrokespanky
Participant
Participant

Post by Pembrokespanky »

Can someone WITHOUT Panty-Wadditis point out where Smitty insulted ALL tournament and so-called "gear" anglers? I can't find it in his OP?
Shayne O'Brien
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Welcome to F-H....

Where folk misread and misinterpret what is read all the time.....

To anyone with an IQ this thread is VERY simple to understand.

Smitty and the Dufours do not like one another.

Maverick and StarTzar LOVE to stir the pot and pick on Smitty the most.

The guy had enough and laughed at how they constantly brag about gear yet mmanaged 1 fish.

Tournament anglers as a whole were not singled out in ANY way.

END OF STORY
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Pembrokespanky wrote:While Smitty's post isn't something I would have done, with all due respect you are reading something into his post that just isn't there. :roll:
Thanks Shayne. You are totally correct. My post was directed at two guys only and no inference was made to anyone else. I guess some of the tourney guys are taking this personally, which they shouldn't be.
cbanford wrote:My problem with the post is, it is attacking all tournament anglers!
You are so wrong. That's not what this was about.
cbanford wrote:against this type of insult
These guys insult people on this site all the time. Why is it so wrong for them to take some?
cprince wrote:
Pembrokespanky wrote:I'd want to read some of Team 28's previous posts that Smitty referred to before I pass judgement.
They CERTAINLY have danced on, and played hopscotch on the line of what is acceptable on this forum. No doubt. I have had a few discussions with them at various times over the past couple of years. The original post in this thread is quite far over the line. Smitty just got caught up I think and would not normally do this.

With his use of the "Ignore" button, I think it wont happen again.

Craig
Thank you Craig. You are so right. I rest my case

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter