Italo Labignan

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Italo Labignan

Post by MichaelGA »

You have to give Italo one thing though - at least his shows try to teach people about how to fish and how to handle fish.

Most just gloss over the whole teaching aspect of things.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Who ?
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

MLR wrote:Jimmy,

My point is that if you have, then, you too are not 100% kosher and you shouldn't be sharing them with anyone or do you choose to be a hypocrite?
Well,

1) I have never been fined by the MNR.
2) Whether I have gotten a ticket or not is irrelevant as I don't teach people to drive. (To answer your question)

As this is an OPION based board. I am expressing my opinion on the matter.
The guy has a tv show, in the video he is teaching handling techniques (which is a good thing) but the guy also has a record of breaking rules for his own personal gain (i.e for his TV SHOW). Therefore, I tune him out.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

So a few years ago I had the pleasure and I say pleasure cause it was to fish with Italo for a day. I asked him about the checkered past and he said it was the best thing to happen to him and unlike his ex partner he stuck around and made a change in his life. He teaches us about everything he did wrong without bringing it up every show. Who better then someone who knows the laws he broke. That is why we use ex druggies and alkies for teaching others how and what to do to avoid the same situations and that is what Italo is doing. Yes he broke the law and he is the first one to say he did..Did he run away and hide..No he satyed put and made a differece which is more than most would do in a puplic spotlight like he is. Italo was very consiencious with the fish we caught and he only handled one fish out of the water that day as it was hooked deep and needed pliers to get it out. He noted that the fish had been out of water way to long and so he kept the fish for consumption instead of letting it go back out to die. You all have an opinion and it is allowed but maybe before saying your opinion get to know the guy first and then shoot him down if you like. He is not the man he was...
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

get to know the guy first and then shoot him down
Almonte can you call him and tell him i want to go this weekend :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

fishin mission wrote:
get to know the guy first and then shoot him down
Almonte can you call him and tell him i want to go this weekend :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No but I can email him....... :wink:

ORWL
thewhistleblower
Participant
Participant

Post by thewhistleblower »

I hear Paul Bernardo is a changed man too!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

thewhistleblower wrote:I hear Paul Bernardo is a changed man too!

He could be...people change...look at me I did...yesterday from my work clothes to a nice pair of long johns and a fire!!..ahhhh dramatic changes in life...gotta love em!!

ORWL
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

I hear Paul Bernardo is a changed man too!
ya he changed from one cell in kingston to another cell in millhaven :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

On the topic of keeping fish out too long for what ever reason, (deep hooking, bleeding or a picture that took far too long to take), do any of you put them into your live well on recirc and let them go at the end of the day.
A little Regen product does some good as well.

I've had a lot of success doing that.

Just saying.
Shawn.D
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Lately I have not seen a fishing show that is not a big commercial, interrupted by smaller commercials.

"We caught these MONSTER walleye on a Northland Bucktail while using our Lowrance Ice Machine. The reliable Bombardier BRP sled brought us in, and who can forget how cold it would have been without our Rapala freestanding super pop up shelter and Mr Buddy Heater."

Blah Blah Blah. Pays their bills but personally, I don't watch them
toddc
Participant
Participant

Post by toddc »

he never seems to plug his favorite fish snagging treble hooks
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Italo definitely is a different cat.

They made mistakes no doubt under the stress of trying to produce shows. They certainly aren't the first to do it and won't be the last I'm sure.

Check out this video for a laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRNIc0ACdXc

There was a great article done by Mark Anderson last spring in Outdoor Canada about Henry. Pick it up if ya can, it's a good one.

RJ
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Out4trout wrote:Lately I have not seen a fishing show that is not a big commercial, interrupted by smaller commercials.

"We caught these MONSTER walleye on a Northland Bucktail while using our Lowrance Ice Machine. The reliable Bombardier BRP sled brought us in, and who can forget how cold it would have been without our Rapala freestanding super pop up shelter and Mr Buddy Heater."

LOL It's terrible. There are only a handful I watch now. Facebook is bad. Thanks right down to the sock and underwear makers... :lol:

On the subject of Italo, got no problems with the him and his show CSF. I am a forgiving guy and besides, was just a wee lad at the time of his slips. FYI, Italo is also a member here.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Out4trout wrote:Lately I have not seen a fishing show that is not a big commercial, interrupted by smaller commercials.

Agreed on this. I think reality is the shows feel they NEED to do this but aren't specifically TOLD to do it. Watch most shows out of the US, they aren't nutso about it like some of our CDN shows. Some have found the balance.

RJ