Is this a Big Large Mouth Bass ??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
bobfly
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Is this a Big Large Mouth Bass ??

Post by bobfly »

I have the utmost respect for native people, those that follow their guiding principles and culture but mostly, in the context of this website, are respectful of the fishery resource. My comment which drew CP Prince's ire was, I admit, awkwardly stated but it was in reference to a previous comment about a cooler of walleye supposedly being sold rather than eaten by family and friends. And likewise I have the utmost respect for non-native people who respect our fishery resource. Those who don't, should not receive respect, only correction or at least an opposing position.

In the 20 years I have been fishing in these parts, I have witnessed a significant decline in all of the local fisheries, especially the last few years. I participate in another chat line centered out west. Their local fisheries both stocked and natural are improving from what it was 20 years ago! And the population is triple that of the Nat. Cap. Region.

WRT to abuse, I have gotten a lot more thrown at me than I dish out (some of it from a particular moderator before he became one). I don't mind. I've got a fairly thick skin. However, I will try to be a bit more reserved in my commentary.

I can't help it if I know a lot about fishing. I've been doing it longer than probably anyone on this board and for many, more often. And I take my hobbies seriously.
bobfly
bostonwhaler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bostonwhaler »

bobfly, you must love to cook, cause you sure do love to stir the pot. People have very strong views, all this topic can do is turn into a very large keyboard war, my suggestion is, don't bring up controversial topics even if you are being positive, if you have an opinion, so does everyone else. if you are allowed to post your posistve opinion, then others may post their negative ones, just leave it off the site, that's my 2 pennies.Some people have very strong opinions and should be left off this site and on oprah or the view, lol or that tard that my brother loves on cfra
Hollywood catches more perch than me
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

when it gets to a point that you know SOOoOooOO much about fishing , that you stop fishing because it hurts the fish...... well my man this fishermen needs mental help :| :| :| :|
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

bobfly wrote:
I can't help it if I know a lot about fishing. I've been doing it longer than probably anyone on this board and for many, more often. And I take my hobbies seriously.
“Big” Jim, as he is affectionately known has been an integral part of the Canadian sportfishing scene for nearly 30 years now and shows no signs of slowing down. Having first gained notoriety as a tournament angler, “Big” Jim was vaulted into the sport fishing spotlight with two CFT Canadian Classic Championships… Canada’s premier tournament title along with a slew of tournament victory’s numbering 28 to his credit.

"Big” Jim was presented with the CSIA (Canadian Sportfishing Industry Association) Chairman’s Award in 2008 for his outstanding contributions and dedication to the growth and participation of recreational fishing. Also in 2008, “Big” Jim was named as the first recipient of the CPAA (Canadian Professional Anglers Association) Lifetime Member Award. At the 2009 Spring Fishing & Boat Show “Big” Jim was awarded the Rick Amsbury Hall of Fame Award presented by the Canadian Angler Hall of Fame for going above and beyond the expectations of the angling community."

And you should see him lip those Behemoths, Oh! and he's also a member of this board.

Give it a rest Popfly! :roll:
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

I would think that there are a bunch more who agree with Bobfly.. but likely would rather not get piled on for expressing their stance.

Like him, love him, hate him.. you have to respect that he is fighting the fight.

We, as a community, are never going to agree about everything we do as individuals.

That's ok.. so long as we maintain respect for each other and keep personal and emotional responses to a minimum.

Craig
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

bobfly wrote:I can't help it if I know a lot about fishing. I've been doing it longer than probably anyone on this board and for many, more often.
This makes everything so much clearer. Thank you!!
:character-oldtimer: :bow-blue: :confusion-shrug:
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

I swear you guys are farming these pigs!

As for the other post hidden inside this post do us all a favor & start your own post with your opinions as the topic instead of hijacking threads.
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!