Tracker Boats!!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
walleyemen
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyemen »

ratsotail wrote:Man I agree with Graham...that boat looks like it went aground or broke away from its mooring and smashed into rocks. I wish your Spiderman senses would have kicked in before you purchased that boat. Sounds like lots of warning signs in advance. Keep squeaking and you may get satisfaction.

ratsotail
The hull is straight and free of dents, look back you'll see the photos of before the dealer got the boat and after, dealer scrapped the cracks and banged them in for some reason, before this they are clearly just cracks around aparent welds, i see no filller in this boat, that is just the reason they the dealer stated as to why they denied the warranty, i sure the insurance investigator will find the cause.
Before being sent to dealer!
After picking boat up from dealer accesment!
Last edited by walleyemen on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
walleyemen
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyemen »

Just to clear things up about it looking to have been hit, here are some clearer pics of the bottom of the boat, the previous pics showed some glare making it look rippled or dented!
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

Walleye man, what are you hoping to accomplish here?

Even if a bunch of internet folks agree with you, I'm not sure it's going to get you on the water faster.

The position your in sucks. Sucks huge donkey arse and I do not think anyone would disagree.
Graembo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Graembo »

It would appear the dealer patched it and the bondo finally gave way. I would say this is yet another reason to support your local "little guy" marina.

Sure, they charge a little more, but as they say, (as as proven here yet again) "you get what you pay for".

Like i said earlier, the boat's not gonna sink, go fishing this summer and do the insurance work over the winter.

CHEERS Image
I'm officially opening the BAR for the weekend
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Graembo wrote:
CHEERS Image
GOD love ya!!! :lol:
walleyemen
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyemen »

Hookup wrote:Walleye man, what are you hoping to accomplish here?

Even if a bunch of internet folks agree with you, I'm not sure it's going to get you on the water faster.

The position your in sucks. Sucks huge donkey arse and I do not think anyone would disagree.
I'm hoping to accomplish in some form how the little guyz get screwed!
Make people aware of crappy workmanship and warranty and hopefully not be in a situation i'm in, If this was your boat would you site idle and say nothing, i'm hoping others see this and make a better decision when purchasing a boat, Not everyone can purchase a Lund or better quality boat, they buy what they can afford, hopefully this enlightens them alittle more about warranty's and workmanship, as far as getting on the water i have another boat no worry's there, if no one ever spoke out everyone would be getting the shaft, what i have is a structully damaged boat regardless, and the fact it may have been previously repaired and sold to me as a new boat under false pretenses, Bottom line buyer beware!
exposer is a great thing, hopefully when someone does a search on tracker boats this will pop up and help them in making a decesion on a future boat purchase.
walleyemen
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyemen »

Graembo wrote:It would appear the dealer patched it and the bondo finally gave way. I would say this is yet another reason to support your local "little guy" marina.

Sure, they charge a little more, but as they say, (as as proven here yet again) "you get what you pay for".

Like i said earlier, the boat's not gonna sink, go fishing this summer and do the insurance work over the winter.

CHEERS Image
I totally agree,but regardless where the boat was purchased the repairs are done for tracker at one place only in ontario,
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

walleyemen wrote: Bottom line buyer beware!
exposer is a great thing, hopefully when someone does a search on tracker boats this will pop up and help them in making a decesion on a future boat purchase.
Not sure why you keep wanting to slam Tracker :? :? :? .........bottom line is that you bought a "used" DEMO boat and buyer beware....
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

walleyemen wrote: I'm hoping to accomplish in some form how the little guyz get screwed!
Make people aware of crappy workmanship and warranty and hopefully not be in a situation i'm in
I think you've done that quite well. :D I personally get grief for buying off the show-room floor from most of my buddies... This is exactly why I do it, and even then it doesn't always work out.
If this was your boat would you site idle and say nothing
No, but I'm not sure I'd be trying to prove what kind of damage it was on the internet. On this kind of stuff, you're always going to find ppl who disagree with ya... Winning arguments on the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded.

I'd like to see progress reports... like when you contact a lawyer what their take is and so fourth... and for the record, i hope whom ever is responsible gets stiffed with the full bill and then some.

Now, where's that bar at? 8)
walleyemen
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyemen »

TroutnMuskieHunter wrote:
walleyemen wrote: Bottom line buyer beware!
Not sure why you keep wanting to slam Tracker :? :? :? .........bottom line is that you bought a "used" DEMO boat and buyer beware....
I guess that makes it o.k, i really hope you never need warranty work!Good luck with yourr boat, they ride nice and handle big water well.
walleyemen
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyemen »

Hookup wrote:
walleyemen wrote: I'm hoping to accomplish in some form how the little guyz get screwed!
Make people aware of crappy workmanship and warranty and hopefully not be in a situation i'm in
I think you've done that quite well. :D I personally get grief for buying off the show-room floor from most of my buddies... This is exactly why I do it, and even then it doesn't always work out.
If this was your boat would you site idle and say nothing
No, but I'm not sure I'd be trying to prove what kind of damage it was on the internet. On this kind of stuff, you're always going to find ppl who disagree with ya... Winning arguments on the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded.

I'd like to see progress reports... like when you contact a lawyer what their take is and so fourth... and for the record, i hope whom ever is responsible gets stiffed with the full bill and then some.

Now, where's that bar at? 8)
LOL Fair enough! I was never trying to prove the damage, and i appretiate all the replys, insurance will for sure find the issues and who is responsable for what,And ya where is that bar i could surely use a drink!
Cheers!
High Noon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by High Noon »

The Special Olympics comment is not needed on this site. Now go ahead and have at me if you must have at someone.

High Noon
kunobasski
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by kunobasski »

geez, you'd hate to buy a boat that I used.....that's a day's use at best....
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Some facts that I have observed reading this thread

- You agreed to buy a used demo boat that you identified as having dents, scrapes, scratches before transferring the ownership

- The Bass Pro dealer made the repairs to the boat, obviously to your satisfaction at the time 5 years ago

- Tracker Marine is refusing the warranty claim on their limited warranty, because the boat had been previously not repaired properly 5 years ago when the boat first had been structurally compromised.

Questions

Help me understand how long should hull repairs be guaranteed for?

Do you have copies of all the work orders including the one from the first hull repair?

How much of a discount did they give you for buying a damaged demo boat? This is kind of irrelevant but I am curious.

Speculations
Your insurance company is going to come back and say the same thing that Tracker warranty has, "not our problem that a botch repair job didn't hold up"

You are going to have to take Bass Pro Shops Toronto to small claims court with an argument based on the fact that they told you that all factory warranties would still be covered even though the boat had hull damage at the time of purchase. I really hope that this was noted on the bill of sale cause if not your risk of losing just went up.

Advice

- Be cautious of publicly going after the wrong company until they have been proven at fault. They might come after you with a liable or slander suit. Don't forget they can afford more lawyers than you can.

Personal Opinion that means nothing in the grand scheme of things

- you should have went with your first instinct and walked away from the deal.

Also if you do take this to court, can you let us know when and where the court appearance is. I would love to come down and watch the proceedings.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

kunobasski wrote:geez, you'd hate to buy a boat that I used.....that's a day's use at best....
@ kunobasski - LMAO!!

@walleyemen - Good luck with this whole damn cluster duck. Let us know how it goes.

Craig