what`s the best walleye lake around

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
waynerb66
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by waynerb66 »

If you head to Dalhousie for some shore fishing, make sure you bring the insect repellent. Those skeeters will carry you away when the sun goes down!!!!
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

waynerb66 wrote:If you head to Dalhousie for some shore fishing, make sure you bring the insect repellent. Those skeeters will carry you away when the sun goes down!!!!
Ok.....now we know what happened to Jamsers....thanks Wayner66 for uncovering the mystery :wink: :lol: :wink:
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

waynerb66 wrote:If you head to Dalhousie for some shore fishing, make sure you bring the insect repellent. Those skeeters will carry you away when the sun goes down!!!!
They are BRUTAL!!!! But we've noticed that as soon as dusk hits and the bats are out they make themselves darn scarce....usually the bite picks up again at that point.

But you need 'Nam grade bug juice there in June and July!!!
bigpikemike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bigpikemike »

quinty hands down yes...but almost every thing around here has good walleyes bud....i like the ottawa river...easy and close and lots and lots of eyes....i like the aylmer to quyon area and even farther that a way...last year in that area i couldnt stop catching them...it was great for the kids

any other questions feel free to ask me anytime...im new to the area but got tons of incredible spots to share
Big Pike Mike always reels them in!
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

I wooda said the Ottawa River, but it's not a lake, so, forget that.
Kevin Dorey
Participant
Participant

Post by Kevin Dorey »

The Bay of Quinte

- would a guy with my last name steer you wrong?

http://www.ontariobass.com/Lake_Profile_Quinte.html
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Kevin Dorey wrote:The Bay of Quinte

- would a guy with my last name steer you wrong?

http://www.ontariobass.com/Lake_Profile_Quinte.html

Hilarious Mr. Dorey!

I'm new to these boards, and I'm looking to hit up some Walleye this summer too (I'll definitely make a visit to Quinte eventually). A PM or two would be much appreciated for something closer to Ottawa. Thanks!