All in A Day on CBC

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

MT, you listen to the team now because he is gone!!! It's better.....way better
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Hawk-

Post by Bobber »

Cancatchbass wrote:You're going to go live?

Good luck. :twisted:

I had to do three takes. :lol:

CCB

p.s.- I only got $125.00. CBC is not too loose with the purse-strings.
OK, Fishhawk.....what the heck have you gotten me into this time. :lol:

Should I be nervous? What if I freeze? What if I say something stupid? What if I misrepresent something? What if I say something wrong? What if I start crying live on the radio? :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

:shock:

No Problem.... 8) ....business as usual! :lol:
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Just don't identify yourself as Boober on the radio. You'll get the 7 second censor and never make it to hello before they pull your segment.

Good luck boys.

M.T. Livewell
BTW, feel free to drop my name if you wish. :roll:
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Hey Fishhawk & Bobber,

At least on radio you don't have to be concerned with "wardrobe malfunctions" ! :lol: (Puts a whole new spin on the name "boober", eh?)

Good luck -- you'll have fun, I'm sure!

W.
Karack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Karack »

Good Luck guys!!

There is nothing to get nervous about.............unless having the ears of an <B> ENTIRE NATION</B> listening to you is the kind of thing that bothers you :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Karack
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Thanks Karack.....I feel much better now. :shock: :oops:
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Karack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Karack »

Bobber wrote:Thanks Karack.....I feel much better now. :shock: :oops:
My work here is done :twisted:
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

I am also a CBC listener. when I travel, at home ,but when I get in the vicinity of my buddies, I switch to country :oops: :oops: :lol: . I find classical music enlightening and relaxing. I enjoy the subject matter of the radio station also.
Life goes on
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

Karack wrote:Good Luck guys!!

There is nothing to get nervous about.............unless having the ears of an <B> ENTIRE NATION</B> listening to you is the kind of thing that bothers you :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Karack
even worse the ears of the entire membership of this site :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: giggle snort snort
Life goes on
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

FH & Bobber

Good luck today on CBC. WE WILL ALL BE LISTENING!

and just incase you need something to talk about, I have pulled some notes for you on one of CBC's favourite topics on All in a Day:Throat Warbling. Mating rituals of the east nairobi dung beetle may be to salacious for radio. Enjoy! :D

Tuvan throat-singing, or Khoomei, is a type of harmonic singing and chant.

All styles of Tuvan Khoomei involve controlled tension in and manipulation of the diaphragm, throat, and mouth. However, there are great differences between the different types of throat-singing; for example, some styles are multiphonic whereas other styles are not. Even this description must take into consideration the hearing, or conditioned hearing of the listener as much as the intention and execution of the singer.

There is no real consensus on Khoomei categories; this is a complicated issue due to a number of confusing factors. For one thing, affecting western scholars, there have to date been very few texts about Khoomei in Western European languages. The most commonly cited source was translated from Tuvan Folk Music, a book published in 1964 by A. N. Aksenov, a Russian composer who surveyed Tuvan Khoomei styles in the 1940-50s.

There are major discrepancies between Aksenov's descriptions and other older sources, and those of other more contemporary observers, and several plausible explanations. One is that Aksenov's survey of Tuvan styles was limited in scope, though he was a highly educated and skilled composer and musician, who seemed to take his research most seriously. Although a definite factor, it is also apparent that there has been an appreciable development and metamorphosis of common Khoomei styles since Aksenov's time. Also, many performances now include mixtures of styles much more extensively than in the past. Whereas many singers in the old days tended to sing mostly in one or two styles, and there was greater regional differentiation, many modern singers perform in numerous styles, hybrids, and develop their own takes on "the classics."

So, although there is no widespread agreement, many contemporary Khoomei cognoscenti designate three or five major styles:

1. Khoomei

2. Kargyraa

3. Sygyt

4. Borbangnadyr

5. Ezengileer

As noted below, #4 and 5, Borbangnadyr and Ezengileer are sometimes considered to be proper styles, and sometimes to be ornamentations added to Khoomei, Kargyraa, or Sygyt. I would add to the top of the list Xorekteer, as it underlies most of the various styles

Taken from http://khoomei.com/types.htm
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Thanks Chepbstrd,

Now I know I'll be stumbling over my words......I can't pronounce half of those! :shock:
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I've fired up CBC Ottawa on the computer....and what the hell am I listening to???????????????????????????????????????

RJ
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

oh ok....it was a chinese symphony....WOW!...what have I been missing all this time?.. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C'mon boys...we're waiting!

RJ
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Great Job guys!...sounded great!

RJ
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Well done...Bobber and Fishhawk 8)
I figure there will be a few hundred boats on the Mississippi river in Appleton for opening day of bass season! :D
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye