What are the reasons behind your users name?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Prairieboy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Prairieboy »

Prairie born and raised + 35 years young = boy

and besides Prairieman would be my dad :lol:
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

My birth name is Jonathan

It is a massive pet peeve of mine that 95% of people immediatly start to call me Jon. If I introduced myself as Jonathan why do people immediatly assume they can change it??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: If I wanted to be called Jon I would have introduced myself as Jon.

In high school (30 years ago) I decided that if everyone prefered the shorter version of my name then I would go all of the way and just be called "J"

Then for some reason everyone started calling me Mr.J. It's hysterical becasue people I work with are always calling me Mr.J. too.

So in conclusion that name was picked for me 30 years ago, but bucketmouth designed the signature

gerrymackenzie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by gerrymackenzie »

Usernameis my name...Gerry MacKenzie. Real simple and real easy to remember.
rfunfarm

Post by rfunfarm »

Bought a farm to retire at--No serious farmin just 2 steers, some chickens--a a lot of bass in my lake= thus R for our--FUNFARM cause thats the farm name on the sign-funnyfarm People always said I belonged on the "Funnyfarm" 8)
washwater
Participant
Participant

Post by washwater »

washwater = water used to wash the ice before it is resurfaced by the zamboni. I used to drive a zamboni.
Badger Shark
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Badger Shark »

My cousin and I used to take long road trips before he had kids and on one trip to Key West about 25 hours into driving, yes we always drive straight through, the conversations start to get a bit nutty. We started talking about mythical creaturs like bigfoot and loch ness. We used to write for a comedy crew here in Ottawa so our sense of humours are a bit twisted. We decided to make up our own creaturs by taking the well known creatures of myth and changing them a bit, here are a few of the names we changed. Loch Ness Monster changed to Loch Ness Mobster.
Abonable Snowman changed to The Submersible Snowman. BigFoot became BigBoots. The Yeti I said was always late and never around so I changed it to The Not Yeti.

So then I saw something dive into one of the canals along the way and I said hey did you see that? That famous creature of myth here in the south, The Badger Shark just dove into the water. I dont know why I put the two together but we laughed about it for a really long time, considering we were both very loopy at this point. After we got home I joined the site and was deciding what name to use and thought hey this could be a fishing site alias and well there ya go. Man what a trip, I miss those day!

Long story I know but hey you asked. :wink:

Now if I could just find someone who is a good artist to put the to together, I want to make it my logo on my boat.
farmerkid
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by farmerkid »

some people started calling me farmerkid at school since i would wear a plad shirt with straight jeans and big brown boots...so farmerkid!
waynerb66
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by waynerb66 »

Mine is what many people call me, "Wayner". "B" is the first letter of my last name, and "66" is the year I was born. Not very creative, but it works for me.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: What are the reasons behind your users name?

Post by Bass Addict »

Big Bass 444 wrote: Now the more complicated side is 444.....I will just say that it as something to do in the spiritual world, angel watching and trinity.....444 is more than what it seems. I allways been around the # 4 -44- and now 444

Are you sure you weren't fishing from the Mill in Manotic when you thought of the name :P :P :P :P :P
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

I was thinking of using my name but somehow Stephen Harper didn't seem like a good choice :shock:
I like dropshotting for smallies so.... :idea: .... I am the DropShot'r :D

Steve
Placide
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Placide »

Placide is easy, it's my middle name, and people who know me know that I can be calm and cool at times, until I get a Toothy Critter on!
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Very simple,

My name is James.
I turned it around, put a spin on it and thus "Jamsers" was born.

Not the coolest name...but hey! It'll do!
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

ANDY_L ....kinda self-explanatory :)

hehehe I know one that i think would make for an interesting explanation of the nick..."BOBBER" *snicker* :lol: :lol: :twisted:

lol I'm sure it will be 'fishing' related *bigger snicker*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(I'm going into hiding now hahahahaha)
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Mine is obvious as well..... except for the 2.

Somehow my account got deleted and know one knows why :lol:
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

The day I was invited to join Fish-Hawk from JP, we were ice fishind down at Petrie and my tip-up seemed to be the only one catching fish. The entire morning the word 'Tip-up' was being hollered left right and center by many down there... :D
Last edited by Tip-up on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.