I can't believe he just did that!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Sad to read this Chris. Makes no sense.

You handled it in true Hockley style by the sounds of it....calm and in control. You're a better man than most for keeping your cool.

Glad your little fella is OK, I'd be heart broken if this little rage incident turned out differently.
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

If i were older, and in you shoes there would have been three hits in this game!!!

Me hitting him
Him hitting the floor
And the ambulance hitting 150 down the highway
Northamfishing Tackle
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

Good on ya for keepin your cool Chris. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Glad the little one was not injured. Let the law take care of that crap rat.
Big Dawg
Participant
Participant

Post by Big Dawg »

Sorry Folks, but just remember that there are two sides to every story.
I wasn't there and don't know either of these guys but you are all talking
pretty tough for not being a part of this.It's amazing how tough a person
with a keyboard can be so please sit back and think before you offer your
opinion. You never know, maybe it was another member of this board who
hit his boat.

Big Dawg
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Big Dawg wrote:You never know, maybe it was another member of this board who hit his boat.

Big Dawg
And if it was, he should be ashamed of himself.
Temporary insanity doesn't fly with me.
And if he is a member of this board, I hope he puts himself in Chris's shoes, with his little boy, the boat repairs, and potential lost time on the water ...

M.T. Livewell
Mike Lennox
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike Lennox »

that problem canbe handled easily: all it takes is a blunt axe and rubbing alcohol
man that gui should be put in jail and or tortured by me
man that sucks to hear,yff
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

if it was accidental, I would have had chris's boat in for repairs, and spent the time since then apologizing....this does not appear to be that way. good for keeping a cool head, like to think I could have but am not sure. No tough guy here but all parents know that place we have for our kids.

I bike to work, I get close calls nearly everyday, and have been called out 4 times in the last year, 2 by guys who HIT ME. The aggression is building folks and this is another shameful example.

the little guy had a good story for his buddies... (always looking for an upside)

:)
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Im glad to here thats non of you Chris and your son wasnt hurt and keep you cool if it ad been me I would probablly get frequin nervous and maybe had myself had to go to the hospital with a heart problem as I had some heart problem in the pass.
DV_8
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DV_8 »

Big Dawg wrote:Sorry Folks, but just remember that there are two sides to every story.
hit his boat.

Big Dawg
Come on Big Dawg, give your head a shake. Didn't you read the thread? He said there were around thirty witnesses who offered written confirmations of this. And so what if that guy was part of this board, he should be banned from here also. He should be ashamed of himself for acting in such a manner. There's no excuse for this at all. We're suppose to be courteous to one another especially when we enjoy the same great sport of fishing. Maybe he should give the guys name so we can all stay the hell away from him.

Sometimes I wonder! :roll:
Luke 5:5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Luke 5:5 »

WOW I cant beleive that someone would go that far, wait actually I can, being the Christian man that I am I would have a hard time holding back from jumping in his boat and giving it to him, hope all works out for ya.
Misses Livewell
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Misses Livewell »

Chris, patience is beyond what you were!! I can only assume there was more concern for your son's well-being than for the butt-kicking this guy deserved - Well Done! I can only imagine how your wife felt standing there and seeing this - She also deserves kudos for not losing her freaking mind. Gotta be honest, don't think I coulda maitained that level of self-control. Sadly I come from a long line of "attack first, think later".. not always a good philosophy (specially when going for those supermarket specials)

Now, the other side of the story crossed my mind as well.... actually it was the identity of the other side of the story. I thought "what if I know this butt??"... Would I still be as pi$$ed off? Well, YEAH! Maybe even more so, what kind of a person could do that?? Not somebody that I could ever respect or call friend again. This guy would also receive a good swift punch in the ear! and hours of verbal assualt from an irate mother (sometimes that is soooo much worse than an butt-kicking).

Aside from the monitary compensation for the damages to your boat, this guy needs to understand how what he did affected your family!
Also, a few CCC convictions would be icing on the cake.....
CCC 219 - Criminal Negligence
CCC 249 - Dangerous operaton of vessel
CCC 430 - Mischief
if he took off... CCC 252 - Failure to stop at scene of accident
Just a few of the common charges I see on a daily basis.. here's hoping the Peterborough OPP have a MUCH longer list!

Take care, and again, good role-model for your son!

D
D
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

Big Dawg wrote:
Sorry Folks, but just remember that there are two sides to every story.
hit his boat.

Big Dawg

Come on Big Dawg, give your head a shake. Didn't you read the thread? He said there were around thirty witnesses who offered written confirmations of this. And so what if that guy was part of this board, he should be banned from here also. He should be ashamed of himself for acting in such a manner. There's no excuse for this at all. We're suppose to be courteous to one another especially when we enjoy the same great sport of fishing. Maybe he should give the guys name so we can all stay the hell away from him.

Sometimes I wonder!
Exactly what I was thinking John. Great response.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Exactly!
Chris Hockley
Participant
Participant

Thumbs up to everyone here!

Post by Chris Hockley »

I would like to say simply this.

My son, my wife and I IMMEDIATELY headed out to Lake Simcoe the next day to be sure that he indeed was comfortable in the boat and that fear is not a factor to fishing. I have the photos of us up on my page at www.blitzcreek.com. Luckily, he is young enough to not really have understood what was happening and that injury was quite possible.

I am sure everyone here can understand that as a parent....your child comes first. Had I been alone...regretably...I know things would have been different.

I am and still am not too worried about my boat...I dread the possibilities though. Grayden loves to look over the side of the boat and dangle his hands in the wash that comes over the sides. Losing an arm to such an incident would have been unbearable for me.

I do believe that DAWG was right though. There is absolutely NOTHING that would justify this man's actions...BUT....I would LOVE to hear his side of the story.

I appreciate the outpouring of support and your well wishes truly are heartfelt. I do have to admit to a few different courses of action that I would have loved to have taken, while daydreaming.

As for going after his sponsors....well...even though this may seem right and likely is....I have sponsors and don't want him to retaliate with the same actions.

I am working at making this an honest to goodness living. He is doing this for fun and none of his "sponsors" really do much for him. The loss of them would mean nothing but a few less "bragging rights". The loss of my sponsors would mean that I can't put food on my table. Things just aren't even that way.

That being said....fellow pro staffers were there and they assured me that THEY would let them know about this man's actions.

You have no idea how much trouble it is getting the police to do ANYTHING about this incident. They are dragging their feet and I believe all of your suggestions about getting a lawyer is indeed the way to go. I have spent two long days on the phone with a number of different officers all of whom are working on assembling charges.

Thank you all so much.

Check out the smile on my little guys face on my page...he's ok!

Chris Hockley
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Chris, harsh go with the law lads.Though your presistance, and help from others(Esp on here if we may) shall see him getting what he deserves.

I and my wife, are most happy that your wife, self, and son, are doing great and back on the water!!! :D

Have to get ya into Steelheading, a 13'6" rod makes nice when someone gets too close :wink: :lol:

All the best to you and the family Chris,

F.F