Are all Flotation / Survival Suits Created Equal??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D My wife picked me up a boy o bouy for Christmas and so far it works well..all two trips out. :lol:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

I have the Mustange survial suit.....it is with out a dought the warmest thing i have ever worn on the bay of Quinte....plus I use to snow blow the driveway...although a lot of people think i work for the city and try to get me to do their driveway :? I Love it ...sould have bought one years ago
Karack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Karack »

Visorboy wrote:Good choice Karack, I guess you got the NFS1000? I got the same suit too, and IMHO, a good bang for the bucks.

VB
That's the one Visorboy - Are you liking yours so far?
Visorboy
Participant
Participant

Post by Visorboy »

I love it, very warm, and IMHO, a floatsuit is worth every penny.
I've worn it for ice fishing, for BOQ, and it has held up. The only thing is that it is not 100% waterproof. After a day out in the rain, it will be damp around some areas.

Happy Holidays all,
VB
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

:D I have the Buoy o Buoy and love it.Have'nt tried the test floating thing yet but for warmth out on Quinte in the Fall and Spring it's been great.

Might also use it icefishing in January.

Ron
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Mine's an Atlantic Class, with the neoprene wrist etc. Wouldn't want it any other way....Toasty as heck!
devy
Participant
Participant

survival suit

Post by devy »

Went out icefishing for the first time this year with my new Atlantic Class Mustang suit. Even in the -18 with the wind yesterday, I was toasty as warm. Plus when one fish got off at the hole, I had to dive in for it with my arms :lol: The neoprene cuffs kept the water out :!:

Magfishnet
Coop
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Coop »

I've warn both the Bouy o bouy suits and the Mustang suits. I find that the Mustang suits beat Bouy o Bouy's product in every categoty, water resistance, floatation, warmth and comfort.