Ice is good and fishing is great for big eyes!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Big Bass 444
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Big Bass 444 »

Manny.
The set up I use in the Ottawa River Bays is different from the one I use on the main river later on in the season. The set up I use in the bays is the same for Eyes and Pikes. The Windlass is filed with Trilene XT 17 pound test.
I use a 1/4 once bell sinker at the end. On the main line there is a Mustad 1/0 single hook that moves up and down freely but I will put two very little split shot sinkers (one above and one under) so I can adjust where i want the hook to be on the line. The tip of the hook is facing up of course. Since most big eyes in Bays feeds on little perch between 3 to 4 inches long I will use same size golden minnows or shinners.
This is what works for me best!
On the main river I use different kind of minnows and a different set ups!

Ty!

Good to hear from you my little friend!!!...it was 30 inch long with a real good girth on it.....I would say about 10 pounds.......but got to love those massive head shakes at the hole!!!...this is the best part when you get one this size!!

Yan
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

Nice Walleye !
|Dore|
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

Yes indeed very nice specimen..