Sunday May 23 Pike Report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

Nice fish. Cool of you to release it for others to enjoy. 8)
Spezza_Fan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spezza_Fan »

GR8-Scott wrote:Way-2-go...awesome pike!
Thanks Scott.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Sweet pike :)
Spezza_Fan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spezza_Fan »

fiiish wrote:Nice fish. Cool of you to release it for others to enjoy. 8)
Yeah it's an awesome feeling to realease such a fish. The thing is, in the last 5 years I have seen a huge drop-off in hits in that lake. At that time, I would keep 5-10 Pike a year to make fillets and eat them. Thing is, this is a small lake. 5-10 Pike a year might not seem like a lot but let's say 20 people do the same every year, that's 100-200 Pike gone every year. We used to get a bite every 3-4 casts. Now we'd be lucky to get one in 20 casts. I don't know if we've fished the lake out or the times I have gone the fish just weren't bitting but I thought to myself that I would stop keeping the Pike. They're decent tasting but a real b!*ch to clean. I've been doing this for the past 5 years hoping that the awesome fishing I had when I was younger would come back for the next generation to come.
Spezza_Fan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spezza_Fan »

Tip-up wrote:Sweet pike :)
Thanks man!
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Spezza_Fan wrote: The thing is, in the last 5 years I have seen a huge drop-off in hits in that lake.. I don't know if we've fished the lake out or.

Dude ..

I spoke with a couple of the residents last year and they told me a few years back they came upon some guys who came in by the back country and had 30 ( Thirty ) pike on the ice , some over ten pounds ... :shock: :cry: :cry:

That lake still holds a serious amount of pike ............Tip for spezza -fan

You need to be there on the day there biting...........Then Hang on :wink: 8)
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Spezza_Fan
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spezza_Fan »

Bass Addict wrote: Dude ..

I spoke with a couple of the residents last year and they told me a few years back they came upon some guys who came in by the back country and had 30 ( Thirty ) pike on the ice , some over ten pounds ... :shock: :cry: :cry:

That lake still holds a serious amount of pike ............Tip for spezza -fan

You need to be there on the day there biting...........Then Hang on :wink: 8)
What a f'in gang of douchebags. There's laws in place for a reason. They have to had some go to waste in those 30 on top of that. I can't eat 30 pike in a year so they sure as hell can't. Someone must have called the ministry because last year we saw the first game warden on the lake in my dad's life. He's been fishing that lake since 1969 so he would know. He was there for 2 months every summer until he was 19. That would explain the lack of hits in the last couple of years. Who says they didn't come in on another day and not get caught? I know the lake is still polluted with monster pike and great smallies but still, I don't like people emptying a lake by the cooler full. Get your quota and get out!
tman12
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tman12 »

bl8ant wrote:Great fish and an even better decision to release it. Perch are tasty :lol:
ditto!
Great report man!
nice to see a release shot as well!
TT
TY
Formerly known as "The Torpedo"