Are you a boater or a non-boater

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Are you a boater or a non-boater

Boater
70%
Non-boater
30%

Total votes: 46

gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

I'm in a similar situation. I sold my boat but a friend let me have his duck boat for the season. 18 feet long 6 feet wide camo job so the fish can't see me :wink: :lol: . with a Honda 50 and a small Honda kicker( in camo colour ( hard to find it) I know it's somewhere on the transom!! :D

It is a nice boat but hard to handle in windy weather when trying to dock it. :oops: :cry: I' was told that i would have to surrender it when duck season is upon us!!!!
Life goes on
Cracker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Cracker »

That's really a great idea, MT! :D
I'll get a boat some day, but right now, it is just not an option. I did pick up a canoe, just not very comfortable in it yet.
So, if anyone needs a partner, drop me a note. I'm back in the Ottawa area ever second weekend. :)
Chrome_A_Saurus
Participant
Participant

Post by Chrome_A_Saurus »

That is a great idea. Good thinkin. I am a non-boater personally ...me an FF have walked some pretty nasty terain looking for that good spot or looking across the river and saying " That looks sweet, I sure wish I had a boat to get over there. " So even as a shore man I know of some really great spots from seeing them or fishin them from boats on occassion. Hopefully I will have a boat in the water by this time next year and I will be able to offer the same for a fellow angler.

I would be more that happy to join any of the good lads off the board for a couple of hours. I would be more then happy to provide whatever I can as well.

Cheers and Tightlines

C.A.S.
tinbanger
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tinbanger »

I 'm a boater as well.Well I call it a boat.
30 year old Springbok (15') with a newer (mid 80's) 40 hp , console .

Got it for free (including trailer) so not complaining.

Any you guys end up near Barrie and need a fish fix just let me know in advance , some of the best SM fishing ( maybe the best) in Ontario is on Simcoe .
Just bring your rain suits , even when the sun is shining you get wet in this boat!

Tinbanger
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

I'm a non-boater :cry: , and as of this weekend I am off from teaching for 10 weeks :D :D :D . So if anyone is looking for someone to go out with them drop me a line.

I'll fish for anything, and don't mind travelling, just ask Markus.

JimW
bass ackwards
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bass ackwards »

Boater, bassfanatic, July and August I'll be getting out allot during the week, weekends are tournaments, always looking for a seat filler, you need your own life jacket, no booze or drugs and your welcome onboard.
PM me if you fit the bill
CDF
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Barrhaven area

Post by CDF »

I think it is a good idea...

I picked up my boat in May...so far have been fishing alone.

Rideau River in my backyard, and the Ottawa is not to far away.

Good to fish with someone, possibly share expenses, etc.

I'm up for partnering up for a day on the water. Need notice as I gotta take care of wife and child first. Once that is cleared, I'm good to go.

Cman
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

What a conundrum! Right now I'm boatless. Hate to think of myself as such. Working too much to look for a new one right now!

Think the idea is great though MT :!: Where's the applause emoticon :?: :lol:

Makes for hooking up with someone much easier I would think!
Rob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rob »

I'm a part-time boater ! What I mean by that is, I own a boat but rarely get to use it. Between baseball , Hockey tournement's and contracting, It's almost impossible. Although I got out in it quite a bit last season. Next season will be different and maybe I'll buy new boat!

CHEERS :)
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Anyone wanting to go out for a day in the freighter canoe just needs to drop on by. Any takers???? :lol:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Moose...my step father and crew caught some nice fish at Tamagami...he sent me some pics..but don't know where I put them....I' try and get them so you can have a look.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Geez CB, that's good news but it kind of makes me feel like I suck. I didn't catch anything but a "buzz" on Temagami.

Glad yer stepD did well. He seemed like a nice guy, and when I met him at the access that day it seemed as though our week of bad weather was clearing up. A little heat and sun and a few guys who knew what they were doing was probably all those lakers needed to get on their hooks. :)
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Don't feel like htat..they said it was areal tough fish!!
Karack
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Karack »

Great idea!!

But I guess as a non-Boater I'm biased 8)

I'm always up for heading out with someone who's looking for a bum to fill a seat and share expenses........so if anyone is looking........ 8)
Mac
Participant
Participant

Post by Mac »

I'm a boater and think this is a great idea. When I fish the Ottawa I launch at the Masson ferry and can (and have) motored to the Ontario side to pick up friends at the ramp on 174 across from the golf course (see Ottawa boat launches). July will find me in the Maritimes chasing Salmon and brook trout, but August is slop time on the Ottawa! More than happy to have some company to witness all those missed hook sets