Thanks for the support

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
GreenBastard
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by GreenBastard »

well akira, i like your posts, you seem like a decent guy, so i would just turn around and kick them in the walnuts.

As for the comment about losing sleded out of the vids, RIGHT... you just don't get it, do ya?
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

HI AKIRA

I do agree with you 100%............there no need to treaten anyone or play with your safety..............wathever the post off lake name or wathever.............

just a simple pm,,,to the person....with respect would have done the job..

WE do have to think before we post ,,,,,,some report or some name off lakes...........but there no way it should be gone that far......... :o

WEN we are new,,,,,,,,,we do say to many things,,,,,,,,,hey...thats life,,,we are so proud to find a new spot that did good result,,,so somtime we dont think to far.....but hey we all did one time or other...... :roll: ..

joco
Last edited by joco on Mon May 01, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jello
Participant
Participant

Post by Jello »

Jello was here!
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

Was it the real thing or the pudding snack?
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Akira,

Post away! All that info can be obtained from the MNR....stocking reports, creel census and trap netting surveys ...although you may not want to read those, you'd be depressed by how few trout are actually in most of those lakes. Very few make it to the ice fishing season. It is true the odd one is lucky and grows up to chow down fresh stockers each year. An oversized one gets caught every couple years causing people to get all excited.

As far as threats.....The gutless wonder that sent the email will never show his face. Keying an unattended vehicle seems more inline with this character. Besides his name suggests he's from the Toronto area.

I remember your post where you said it was your goal to catch a trout....and you did. Thank you for sharing your adventure with us.

Now folks.....What post would make people to head en masse up to Calabogie? Some pics of 10 inch brookies? Gimme a break.
Last edited by ganman on Tue May 02, 2006 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Ahh.... some wise words from the Ganman yet once again :)

Cheers,

Rich
mosquito
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mosquito »

I don't think Johnny was serious making all those threats. I beleive the guy was geniuly pee pee off by the way we behave in what he calls his backyard.
How many fires did you have on ice last winter? How much garbage did you leave behind? Right, you didn't. Then who did? Just look at the pictures in some fairly recent posts. Where all that garbage came from? Why all those coals floating in the lakes and why the shoreline is full of trash and ashes?
I was fishing in that area for the past ten years and what I see is pretty sad. The place is turning into one huge dump. I know that some of us take home someone else garbage, but somehow it keeps piling up. I am not saying that all that garbage comes from cities, but a good share of it probably does. And I can understand why people who live there don't like such a loud advertisement from this board about "Calabogie trouting".
By the way, I agree with ganman. Fishing in that area is not that great anyway. Unless, of course, your goal is 10" brookie (and 10" is often a monster, it's more like 8"). The whole stocking program in SE Ontario is a joke. Unfortunately it took me too long to realize this.
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

Garbage is another thing altogether. No tolerance for that.
Fishboy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishboy »

If you measure your fishing success in inches, Calabogie is a disappointment. If you measure your success in your ability to get fish to take your fly, it can be great.

And there is no justificaton - ethically or otherwise - for sending threatening e-mails over recreational fishing.
Time's fun when you're having flies.
Paya
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Paya »

Moskito ,
Great post .Sorry for taking your post for my comments but you have made some very good points.

I don't think Johnny was serious making all those threats.
-- -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Treat is a treat seriously or not. It is very hard to figure out if you don't know the person. I'm taking this seriously and next time going there I will be prepared for something like that could happend.Of course I'll make sure all my friends know that as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why all those coals floating in the lakes and why the shoreline is full of ashes?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to admit I'm guilty on this as anyone else.I have tendency of setting up the fire when it gets cold . I did once last winter :((((
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fishing in that area for the past ten years and what I see is pretty sad. The place is turning into one huge dump. I know that some of us take home someone else garbage, but somehow it keeps piling up. I am not saying that all that garbage comes from cities, but a good share of it probably does.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moskito , I do agree with you .both of as where witnesses of people leaving garbage,empty botles on SH.... lake last fall.There is not much you can do about it.I have tried to talk to them few times about leaving garbage and setting fires everywhere on the shore but majority of people where not concern at all. I don't want to get in confrontation with the people about garbage (overall I'm there to fish)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I can understand why people who live there don't like such a loud advertisement from this board about "Calabogie trouting".
By the way, I agree with ganman. Fishing in that area is not that great anyway. Unless, of course, your goal is 10" brookie (and 10" is often a monster, it's more like 8"). The whole stocking program in SE Ontario is a joke. Unfortunately it took me too long to realize this.

I don't think people advertising Boogie on purpose .This is just a great area relatively close to Ottawa where you can fish for trout and enjoy some nice scenery. Unfortunatly beside Boogie on Ontario side we don't have that many spots for trout fishing.
Scotty Chaos
Participant
Participant

Post by Scotty Chaos »

Hey Akira! Dont worry about it! You did'nt do anything wrong here and the threats are completely ridiculous!

Love your reports!... Keep up the good work!
steve2112
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by steve2112 »

Hi Guys

Lucky for me since I am fairly new to the area, I work with a guy who is willing to show me some of his backwoods trout spots in Quebec. However he has told me in the last 20 years he and his dad have discovered at least 10 red/brook trout lakes. They find them hunting in the fall, all on foot. Each one of these has subsequently been found by others and decimated. This was without the help of the internet!!!!

For them it is quite a thrill to find a possibly unfished lake. They are not selfish but they do not share information. For obvious good reasons.

Cheers,

steve
Bruin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

HEY

Post by Bruin »

I LIVED ON THE OTTAWA....

SO GET THE ---- OUT OF MY BACKYARD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and leave all the fish on the Ottawa for people who live on it...

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!