back from BOQ! (part 1)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice walleyes guys that 13.5 lbs thats a real monster walleye.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

It was a great day Squig! Your a good guy to fish with as Hoss and I kept reminding each other today ( Adventures with Bill to come). Markus the fish 3 anyway were on a purple yozuri, one on a rainbow coloured manns. Long Leads and the boards as far out as you could get them. A lot of deep fish and deep pods of bait, possibly due to last weeks unsettled weather, as Squig said the light house area was busy so we stayed east of it. On tues I would work that area to start if there are any boats it won't be many and zig zagging that narrow area of the reach might pay off. We marked a lot there today but deep :cry: We left the launch that eve 5 ish. drove into Picton for fuel boat, truck and human only to encounter the Santa Clause parade :roll: Hoss's cousin who owns the pizza place gave us back street directions out, makes a mean pizza by the way! Nice room at the Sportsman and my ministry of correctional services ball cap made our reception sweet :wink:
Hoss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hoss »

Good Report Squig.........I think :D

It was good to get out with you and FFF. I was hoping for one of those 30+ fish days that WIG, Markus and others enjoyed on the adventure weekend but it wasn't going to happen. Still it was good to get a few in the double digits and everyone got one in.

Lots of laughs to kill the quiet times with more ribbing than a Texas BBQ.(Its like the ghost of skooter was in the boat somewhere :D )

WIG wrote
I have to ask, why were you razzing fff on the first one
he was the smallest, and we were just jealous........wasn't hooked very well and was in no part any fault of Martins....but we cut him up anyway. :D

MMM wrote:
Hoss dont you hate the way big fish look small in your pics lol One disadvantage of being enormous i guess
When you say 'enormous'..........do you mean like Arnold Shwartzenegger or the A&W Root Beer Bear :?: :D

Markus wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, what did the fish come on? PM me if ya perfer
three were on the purple Yozuri and the one hit a rainbow Manns 20.

Todays fish(report to come) were all on Dr. Deaths. Good luck Tuesday and for Bacon and Snag on Thursday too.
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

:D :D :D :D

Great reports, and sounds like a fantastic time ..... :D

Nice to see ya all come away with some....... :wink:

Oh yeah, ....that wasn't me Hoss, ....it was my brother "Casper", :shock:
I taught him pretty well, ...don't ya think? :lol: :lol:

Well done guys..... :wink:
sportfish_dom
Participant
Participant

Post by sportfish_dom »

:D :D ...Good report guys... :D :D
Hoss, should I ask about the blood on your right hand in that picture???
Hoss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hoss »

Sportfish Dom wrote:
Hoss, should I ask about the blood on your right hand in that picture???
Sure, the fish was bleeding. :oops:
I didn't notice the blood untill the pics were done and the fish was released. It did swim away strong though so all I can do is hope for he best.

BTW, welcome to the site.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Good report,
I was pulling the boat out as Hoss, MT and FFF where coming into the launch area in the harsh North West wind yesterday. I had Smitty out to catch a personal best and we only managed one fish just as the wind changed dirrection and picked up out of the North. We trolled for about 4.5 hours and the walleye took a Yo-Zuri. I will let Smitty do a report on his fish and another personal best in my boat this fall :wink:

Nice to meet up with Hoss, MT and FFF again...

-Sheldon
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Great report Squig, Martin thats a Awsome Walleye Congrats...Hoss sorry to see you cut youself :wink: ,I'm looking forward to fishing Quinte this Weekend, I'll be a guest ,again this year in Roughriders boat :D ,I'm also looking forward to meeting his Wife Sue for the first time :D ..See you Saturday Moring Don :D
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

finally got back on the site after 24hr stint where i couldnt even get the homepage to load. :twisted: :twisted:

thanks again Hoss and i own ya one this winter :wink: .

ive never seen 3 lines get set-up so fast as FFF did. :shock: Hoss and i had 2 lines out and Martin was already sitting and lighting up a smoke :)

was great fishing with you guys.

Markus it was the DDtaildancer (rainbow) that picked off the small one, not a Manns

chris
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

big-o wrote:Great report Squig, Martin thats a Awsome Walleye Congrats...Hoss sorry to see you cut youself :wink: ,I'm looking forward to fishing Quinte this Weekend, I'll be a guest ,again this year in Roughriders boat :D ,I'm also looking forward to meeting his Wife Sue for the first time :D ..See you Saturday Moring Don :D
Well, I had been invited to fill the third seat with you guys which I was giving serious consideration to. But, once again, work calls, in on OT all weekend..Something's gotta pay for the cottage reno.

Hope you slay 'em boys!
sportfish_dom
Participant
Participant

Post by sportfish_dom »

Hey Hoss
Thanks for the welcome.
Glad the blood wasn't yours those "EYES" sure have sharp teeth sometimes in all the excitement you don't even know you"ve been cut...
Been there!