Ponds and Lakes Around Calabogie Open?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Buzzer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Ponds and Lakes Around Calabogie Open?

Post by Buzzer »

My annual question... it's about time.

Anyone know if the lakes and ponds around the Calabogie area are ice free? If not I'm hoping they'll be open by Thursday as I plan on taking the day off work to go fishing up that way for some specs. What do you think? If the lakes aren't ice free now, based on the weather forecast do you think they'll be ice free by Thursday?

Thanks, Buzzer

P.S. Looking for some locals to give out some info, thx
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Waiting for ice-out

Post by Cyber »

I was talkin' to a buddy on the weekend who has a cottage on Constant Lake (Dacre) and he said she's got a ways to go yet. He said it was 3 Ft. thick this year 'cause of the strange weather patterns this past winter. I'm anxious to get out too!! If this unseasonably warm weather keeps up it won't take much longer!! Got the fever pretty bad myself :!: :!: :!: :)
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

I would doubt they are free of ice yet. Constance Bay on the Ottawa just opened up yesterday. It should'nt be long now though, all we need is a good rain and it should be the end of the ice.
Bottombouncer
Participant
Participant

Calabogie

Post by Bottombouncer »

Buzzer I was at Scully lake ,Limestone Lake and Shiner Lake in Calabogie Saturday and everything is still iced up. :cry:
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

BB, how much ice was left on those lakes? I am sitting here tapping my feet waiting to get up there. Hopefully less than a foot :D
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

BB, how much ice was left on those lakes? I am sitting here tapping my feet waiting to get up there. Hopefully less than a foot :D
Laker_Taker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Laker_Taker »

We were at Blithfield Long lake early Saturday and same deal, still iced up except for ~10 feet around one shoreline. It was still thick enough to hold up my buddy that was with me but I wasn't that brave. Might be off by now all weekend it was nice and warm and has been the same since. I bet by Thursday you'd be safe! But she's a hard thing to guess about. Good luck!