Ottawa Sportsman Show

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

I went to the show, and enjoyed it as much as any other time. Unfortunately the only way the show can get better would be if all the local retailers had booths there. I can understand not wanting the hassle of renting booth space and moving displays etc... but in the long run, if everbody did it, they would all benefit by having a better show and perhaps getting some repeat customers. I do look forward to the show in Carp a bit more though. jmho :D
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Carp show.
Talking to the organizers from the Carp show this weekend and many of the local shops are not going to be there this year. The organizers have made a big mistake in the past by allowing discount/non local booths, many of witch are internet based and have no store. The carp show is a good show, but it is changing and hopefully is not going to change in a negative way.
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

The Paddletales travelling road show will be there with bells on.

Ed
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Ed,

Well thats all that matters!....oh...Crystal too!!!...hope they come...then we can wheel and deal with both of yas.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

RJ
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Ed. great to here that you are coming back to Carp. See u soon.
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
Pepe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Bells???/

Post by Pepe »

Ed - Bells????????? What kind of bells??????????
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Remember the Kmart blue light specials? Oh jeez, I just dated myself. Well, Paddletales will have a big honkin brass bell special. HEY, OVER HERE, a big honkin brass bell special. KRANG A RANG A RANG (nice sound effects eh?), followed by the sound of tinkling glass and running feet as people try to escape to save their eardrums.

note to self...people leaving...bad thing...cancel bell
Rider23
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rider23 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

:lol: :lol: Can I ring your bell :?: :lol: :lol:
CDF
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

boat show

Post by CDF »

In my opinion...the boat show has not been great for years. Parking and entry cost really suck. (17 bucks for me :shock: )

Having said that...I did go...why? My 4yr old daughter likes to run around the big boats. She seems to enjoy it, and that is all that matters!

Did get a chance to talk it up with a few fellow hawk-talkers which is always good.

Finally...only good deal on a boat is a used one! New boat prices are insane...hey but no worries...just finance for 240 months (20 years :shock: )

Cman