Where should i go?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
SeaBass
Participant
Participant

Where should i go?

Post by SeaBass »

I know its months away but ive got a week off at the end of may and im looking for a campground on a body of water that holds good numbers of walleyes and pike. It has to be within 3 hours of orleans. Any suggestions?

White lake came to mind but im not sure what the population of eyes are.

Seabass
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Well I would strongly suggest Mazinaw Lake, Bon Echo Provincial Park. Awesome Walleye everytime we go there. Beauty campground to boot.

Word of caution, book early!!
Hoser
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hoser »

Your choices may be limited as most of these places are booked a year in advance. I'd pick a handful of sites that interest you and start calling soon.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Walleye and Pike not too far....

Post by Seaweed »

The upper Madawaska River, west of Hwy#41 is an awesome fisherie that can be fished from shore or by small boat and it is just full of about every speicies of fresh water fish I can think of due to the fact that it rolls out of the pristine majesty of the Algonquin Park and through the Madawaska Highlands. There is a reason the government choose to designate this area as a protected land area... go check it out. You won't be disappointed. If you are boating watch for rocks... but fish those rocks hard.

Post by Guest »

Seaweed is correct.. been up there twice and caught some nice pike and a load of smaller walleye. Its worth it for the scenery
Suddsy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Suddsy »

The Bay of Quinte at Deseronto would be within your 3 hour limit. There are not any Provincial Parks there but are a number of private campgrounds in the Napanee & Deseronto area including Pickerel Park on the South Shore of Hay Bay which is a good campgrounds and a park on Hwy 2 on the West side of Deseronto. Excellent Walleye and Pike fishing there. There is also excellent walleye and pike fishing in the St. Lawrence River at Ivy Lea which is less than two hours from Orleans. The walleye there go up to 12 pounds quite regularly and lots of very good pike fishing as well. There is a nice camping park right beside the 1000 Islands Bridge at Ivy Lea. A third option is Centennial Lake which is on the road from Calabogie to Hwy 41 at Griffith. You can fish both Centennial Lake and the Madawaska River where it runs into Centennial Lake.

Hope this helps. :)
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

Nordlaw lodge (www.nordlawlodge.com) . Great walleye, pike bass, INCREDIBLE panfish etc... i also caught a muscrat there :lol:
Northamfishing Tackle
Brandon
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Brandon »

lake clear near eganville is good but its big but the walleye are there and in big numbers also parks lake near lanark can be good.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Bark Lake??? Eyes, pike and lakers up near the surface. Big body and out of the way.

Rice Lake???

Crotch Lake

Ottawa River. Har Har.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Hi seabass

YOU might think about the verendry park to,,,,,,,,,

its in quebec the start off the park is 2.5 h frome orleans,,,,,,,there some very good walley fishing there and pike,,,,,,,,and there papineau labelle parc to,,,,,,,,just about 1 h forme orleans,,,,,,,there are a lot off place on the quebec side you could go,,,,,,,,,very nice scenery over there,,,,,,

just the nonresident permit is,,,,,, :x ,,,,,,but i think it worth it,,,,,if you go more thene 2 or 3 time a year,,,,,,

joco :P
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

moosebunk
i think we are going to put a trailer up on the madawaska river this year with about a 10min ride to Bark Lake. have you fished it before? heard that you can get some good pike, walleye, lakers and bass out of there. lets hope so.

chris
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

I've heard good things about Driftwood Provincial Park on the upper Ottawa, though I don't know how the spring fishing is.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

squig69 wrote:moosebunk
i think we are going to put a trailer up on the madawaska river this year with about a 10min ride to Bark Lake. have you fished it before? heard that you can get some good pike, walleye, lakers and bass out of there. lets hope so.

chris
Haven't fished it myself, but two good buds Laker_taker and Bigstick frequent the lake once or twice a year for a trip. pm them if you have any specific questions, I'm sure they'll be glad to give a little insight.
Laker_Taker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Laker_Taker »

Is it the stretch of Madawasaka that connects Bark Lake to Kaminiskeg? In any case yes there's good sized eyes in both Bark and Kaminiskeg, so quite a few of em like to hang out in the river in different places, at different times. I know some people fish the river just below the dam, in and around the rapids. I've never really had much luck there but probably wasn't there early enough either time. But overall there's lots of fish in those waters I think!
scttsmpsn
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by scttsmpsn »

...been to Bark once...that lake is HUGE!!!!!

Scott