How did you find Fish-Hawk?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

interesting, witty, humorous and welcoming

Post by Jigs »

:D Wolfe;

You forgot good looking!! :mrgreen:

Regards: Jigs. :wink:
spanky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by spanky »

I was looking for info about a lake on the real fishing message board and someone posted a link saying to check out F-H... here i am... granted i don't post too often (especially in this forum) as most of the stuff applies to you western ontario boys and gals and it's got more of a social aspect to it (NOT a bad thing, actually just the opposite!!) :)
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

The irony of ironies. :roll:

I found it while a member at Quintefishing. I was thrilled to find out it was originating out of my own backyard :!:
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Found the board searching salmon fishing, by then the great lakes forum already existed. I lurked for a couple of days the flaming that you found on other boards just didn't happen and people were willing to show their face and their location! I don't know another board that can top it!
ken & Jo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ken & Jo »

I was checking out a Britney Spears website and I found this photo. I noticed the words on the cap and typed them in and the rest is history :wink:

Mike the 'Tender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mike the 'Tender »

Snag and Canadian Bacon told me.
sevendustfan#1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by sevendustfan#1 »

i believe i either read about the website in the paper or going to the Ottawa Sportsmens show
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Fish=Hawk

Post by Legend »

:) I'd have to say I found Fish-Hawk.net courtesy of dumb luck... Well that, and Markus posting his trophy pics on a Long Point BBS. :D

I'm equally impressed by the general quality of the people associated to this board. We may disagree from time to time, but I've never seen any hint of flaming, or personal attacks.

Keep up the great work Fish-Hawk.Net! :P

:) Legend
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

It was actually Markus that got me onto this board. I was on a local board (for me), most of the summer. There was no registration on this other board at the time....it made for some interesting threads (talk about flaming....jeez) :shock:

Markus had used the fishhawk gallery to post some fish pictures on the other board, :roll: being the inquisitive person I am, I followed the link back here. At the time, I didn't look around much, just saved it and left.

It was one of those cold, raining cat's & dog's saturdays, when I had nothing much to do except play on the computer, that I remembered this place in my favourites, and started looking around. :roll:

Originally, it was all the links & info on the home screen here that caught my eye. So I guess I lurked for a couple of weeks...though I didn't even look at the message board, except maybe once or twice.
I was looking at all the other stuff here. I spent the last day skimming through all the different categories on the message board, and it was then that I decided to take the plunge. 8)

Funny thing is, since I joined up, I really haven't spent any time at all looking at the stuff that caught my eye in the first place.....(just too much goin on in here) :D :) :shock: :roll: :wink:
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

How I find this site. Well when I went to to Ottawa sportsmen show I just happen to stop at this site kioske and the Bobber I think ask if I like fishing and I said yes. Thats how I find this site. For the first couple of month I was not registered but I was on on the site almost every day and one day dicided to registered.

You got a very good site with a lots of information on fishing and some nice picture good maps etc.
lungelarry
Participant
Participant

Post by lungelarry »

I can't remember
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

I got referred here from another ice fishing forum while looking for Ottawa-area ice fishing info last winter.
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
Muskiemagnet
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskiemagnet »

I found Fish-hawk from searching Muskie fishing. I lurked for a looong time, then noticed RJ posting and finally made some posts. We've been friends since grade 6 and Fish-hawk has rekindled our friendship. Can't wait for the next Get-together. The quality of people here are truly in a class of thier own.
LowKey
Participant
Participant

Post by LowKey »

Was informed of a rumor mill being gernerated on the topic of a fish I had cought earlier this season. I joined to clear the issue before the things got out of hand.

I visit occasionally

Love the fish pics and stories, hated dealing with the Granola Crunchers who have a hard time dealing with the fact that fishing can be fatal for fish. :roll: But for every 30 members, theirs one idiot. Pretty good ratio if you think about it.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Lowkey, I think that ratio is a little high. We've had 1200 users sign on and to date I only know of 1 individual that would be classified as an "idiot".

Having a different opinion or aprroach to fishing doesn't make a person and "idiot"-just makes them different, which is all good. Without that, all our threads would be 1 post followed by a series of "you said it", "right on!" and "I couldn't agree more". :lol: :lol: :lol: