Lost On The Ottawa

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BassMonster
Participant
Participant

Lost On The Ottawa

Post by BassMonster »

Hi guys,

I'm the new kid on the block I guess.Since I moved here to Petawawa last year i've learned more about walleye/pickeral fishing than I thought I ever would.Just find it hard to hook into a lot of Smallies on the Ottawa.Maybe i've lost my touch..lol..Anyone got any tips for Ottawa River Smallie Fishing?I have caught my first Carp,3 pounds and strong, and about a 5 pound catfish also but not to many Smallies over a pound.Helppppppppp :oops:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

BM...lots and lots of smallies on the Ottawa....I like the tubes...
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Weedlines, drop offs... tubes, senkos! (dark colours, preferably GREEN)
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

*Cough Senko's Cough*

Thrown them out anywhere and you will hook into smallies, largies, heck I have even had a gar pike on the ottawa hit a texas rigged senko, colors dont seem to really matter but my preferances are with the darker colors!
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Hey BM,
You should email or PM Pepe. He lives in Petawawa and he is pretty good at helping new guys out. I learnt that this summer fishing with him and along side of him in the Petawawa Bassmasters. He's a great guy, you should also check with him about coming out to the club meeting next Tues. in Pet. Look him up on here or PM me and I'll see if I can get you some info. :wink:
Thanks to my great supporters Deep River Outfitters, Shimano Canada and Hunters Bay Marine.
BassMonster
Participant
Participant

Post by BassMonster »

Thanks for the help fishmaster. :lol: