Good Day out Today with C-man

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Good Day out Today with C-man

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Well good to be out fishing, crappy right from the get go!

We couldnt find suckers anywhere lastnight so the nice guy he is he drives all the way to smith falls and picks up a dozen suckers! I told him how to keep them, cause lord knows i have kept some suckers in my garage.....

So off to his house for 7am and he comes out and says "we have bad news" Every single last sucker died overnight, so here we were stuck without live bait for the Rideau..... artificials just aint gonna cut it so we hop in his car and hoof it down to smith falls again and pick up a dozen more! Back to his place, hook up the boat, and off we go!!

We launch and 30 seconds in theres snowflakes the size of twoonies!! What a day!

So we fish the stretch that tony and i have lucked out on, and theres no ski's to be found! So we go to the bridge!!! I put on a new sucker and hoof her out!! Put the rod down look away, look back again and the lines going sideways! I pick up the rod and oh yeah "Fish On" I give her some line, reel in the slack and set the hook! Son of a B**CH the line snapped!! Only fish off the day and I loose her, go figure!! I am now 1/4 for skis this past month and im not liking this record!

Anyways was great to get out, and thanks for the great day CMan, you are a great guy, and a nice boat to boot!

Thanks again and we will get a few next time!
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Sounds like Tony's bad luck is rubbin off on ya!!

To bad.about the suckers...lots of driving!!!
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

:D i lost my last one too.. but luck will change....and then....look out Muskie!
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

I think the muskies on the Rideau are wising up due to the fishing pressure and just biting the line and eating the suckers after. Ya that's it... Sorry to hear that you lost one bud :(
CDF
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CDF »

Hey Ransome,

thanks for the kind words...yes the 2x drive to Smiths Falls was a bit of a pain :? , but if you gonna do things, might as well do them right (or at least try)

Yup was a tough day...you forgot to mention...get to the lauch and I forget my touque and gloves :x Lucky for me you had a second set, as the weather turned ugly (wind and snow).

Anyway, we'll head out and try for muskie again soon.

Was great to spend the day with another fish-hawker...
Cman
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Muskies and suckers

Post by Seaweed »

Just a little note here to let everyone know that dead suckers work almost as good as real suckers when muskie fishing.

We used to drag... yep drag dead suckers behind the boat and get monster lunge to hit them. So don`t throw those dead ones away. Sure a live one is easier but if you just put some action on the dead ones they work too.