Fishin Week-end on the Bay of Quinte Oct 15,16 & 17

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Well I just did some of my financing and it really isn't looking good anymore.

I need to make school payments, get bus passes, and school books. All this while working retail doesn't make going to Quinte look very reasonable. I'll make my final decision after looking at my school schedule on Monday, but I doubt I'll be going. Oh I also have to add in $100 of hockey registration. So it looks pretty impossible.

Sorry guys!
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Tony is down and out, you're backing out! I was hoping for a battle of the champs!
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

I almost forgot to mention that Superdad has offered up a couple dozen Uzick Spinners that can be added to our prize pot. I believe Ken is quite familiar with these and their effectiveness in the Bay.

I'm sorry to hear that Snag and Tony (past Weekend Derby champions) are unable to make the trip. :cry:
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I'm sorry to hear that Snag and Tony (past Weekend Derby champions) are unable to make the trip.
Unfortunately Tony is in a bit of a different situation...but don't count out Snag just yet....where there is a will there is a way...lets just see what happens....
ken & Jo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ken & Jo »

Snag,

just find out what Bacon needs from Zellers and buy it with your employee discount and charge him the full cost. :lol: :wink: Failing that, tell Bacon that you'll offer to be his guide for the weekend at a reduced booking rate.

Ken
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Snag,

just find out what Bacon needs from Zellers and buy it with your employee discount and charge him the full cost. Failing that, tell Bacon that you'll offer to be his guide for the weekend at a reduced booking rate.
Too funny!! The real reason she may not come is becasue she knows she can't out fish me and is afraid to even try.... :wink:
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

I am geting real charged about this week-end. We have Walter and Greg (not sure if they are registered participants of Hawk Talk) and Turkeyman and Mrs Turkeyman coming on the trip. Four new people!

I hope they are coming with some fishin stories to tell...that way we won't have to hear Bacon's stories again...yikes! :wink:

Welcome aboard everyone.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I hope they are coming with some fishin stories to tell...that way we won't have to hear Bacon's stories again...yikes!

Well, I never..............

Geez this time I was gonna tell the good ones.. :roll: 8)
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

ken & Jo wrote:Snag,

just find out what Bacon needs from Zellers and buy it with your employee discount and charge him the full cost. :lol: :wink: Failing that, tell Bacon that you'll offer to be his guide for the weekend at a reduced booking rate.

Ken
That is an incredibly good idea! :lol: Unfortunately my discount is only 15% but lets just charge him double!
turkeyman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by turkeyman »

don't worry Bacon I would love to hear your fishing stories Turkeyman has been fishing 30 plus years and would be great to hear some new ones so get them lined up I'm ready
(mrs turkey)
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

don't worry Bacon I would love to hear your fishing stories Turkeyman has been fishing 30 plus years and would be great to hear some new ones so get them lined up I'm ready
(mrs turkey)
Finally someone who wants to listen........ :?
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

I realy Find it hard to believe that this trip is not sold out.....Maybe we sould bring up all the posts and pictures from last fall......12 Lbs Eyes were common, (not to me) but I saw lots caught in the boats beside me :?
this is great chance to fish the world famous Bay of Quinte, with the now world Famous Fish Hawk gang!!!!!!! :D This is one trip where you will see lots of fish caught...Walleye , bass, Pike ,Jumbo Perch....this will be the trip of all trips...........the only sad thing is that we will miss Bobber on this trip :( Bobber won't be the same with out you...enjoy your time with your Family , they come first :D ....Let go People, time is running down :!: :!: :!:
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

I totally agree big-o.. this is the place to fish in the fall for big eyes and other species. The one thing that attracted us to fishing there was seeing post after post of large fish being caught... plus with local guys like ken&jo, superdad, eyetracker, and a few others who will be able to give us info on where we should be this is going to be an awsome trip.

Don't miss out... you'll be fishing with the best bunch of anglers you'll find anywhere... we always have a blast and this time we have firepits so bring a chair and let's all crowd around and listen to marcus and bacon and their unbelievable stories. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If anyone is holding back because they think their boat is too small or they don't quite know how to fish the bay then start asking questions there's a wealth of information on here and people all too willing to tell you what you need to know.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

And now we can had in BIG-JIM.. :D :D :D :D :D Like I said before this trip just gets Better and B :D etter
walleyec
Participant
Participant

Post by walleyec »

Hello everyone!
This will be my first posting here. Let me start by saying that Greg and I are looking forward to the weekend trip. It will be nice to put faces to the names.
Has anyone heard how the bite has been down in the Bay lately?
Greg's been fishing the western end of the Bay for years. I've been lucky enough to tag along for the last few years and i've noticed one thing.
Just as there is a chance of catching a trophy fish there is an equal chance of getting skunked. The arrival of zebra mussels has created a need to re-evaluate tried and true methods of the past. Hopefully everyone will learn something new by the end of the weekend.
Walter Chalmers