Algonquin Park Portage Fishing Route suggestions For May

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jp95
Participant
Participant

Algonquin Park Portage Fishing Route suggestions For May

Post by jp95 »

I'm trying to plan my portage trip to Algonquin park and am looking for some suggestions. Currently Im planning Opeongo> big crow> crow river> Lavielle > Dickson > Opeongo. The main goal of this trip is fishing (catch and release). Looking to catch brook trout, lake trout and bass.

We only have 4-5 days for this trip. I know these lakes have good fishing however, I think 4 days is not enough time to enjoy fishing as most will be spent travelling even 5 is a bit short. Even with a water taxi across opeongo.

If you have any suggestion regarding possible 4-5 day routes or know any lakes with good fishing i'd greatly appreciate any suggestions and advice! You can also PM me if you'd like. Thanks.

Also, we are planning on going victoria day long weekend (May 24). How are the bugs this time of year? I I have only been to AP in June-Aug and the bugs were never too bad (end of june was much worse than July/Aug for me).