Rod advice for the Ottawa area

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
GingaNinja
Participant
Participant

Rod advice for the Ottawa area

Post by GingaNinja »

Howdy fellas!
I'm new to fish hawk and so far I like what I see. I've been fishing my whole life but trying to bring it to the next level. For the past year I've been trying to build my arsenal of gear and so far have pretty good set ups for bass and walleye I'm just trying to find the perfect rod for the tatula type-r I just picked up. I already have a sick flipping rig(7'2 crucial and a Castaic) now I'm looking for something budget friendly for spinner baits frogs or cranks!
Thanks guys! Hope to see you on the water
I got 99 problems and what to throw is all of them
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Rod advice for the Ottawa area

Post by toobinator »

Depending on what budget friendly means, you can get a Daiwa Tatula TXT for under $100.00. Tatula TATs and Shimano Exages are $140.00-$160.00. All are good rods. At Paddletales we have 13 fishing rods and reels for 25% off too, although I haven't announced it yet. (I think I just did :shock: ). Lots of choices out there.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
GingaNinja
Participant
Participant

Post by GingaNinja »

Sweet thanks Ed! I'll have to make a trip to Winchester. Do you carry the St Croix mojo bass series as well? I had one for pulling tubes and it was absolutely fantastic!
I got 99 problems and what to throw is all of them
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I'm getting back into St Croix, but they won't be here until late January. I don't think I have any Mojo Bass rods on that order, as I thought I had better options in stock already at that price point. They can be ordered though.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken