Fishing Lodge Recommendations!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jonesy
Participant
Participant

Fishing Lodge Recommendations!

Post by Jonesy »

Hi All!

I am looking to book a fishing trip with a bunch of friends around late May into June. I was curious if any of you have had a great experience at any particular lodges within a reasonable drive from the Ottawa area. Looking to target any or all species including walleye, pike, muskie. Any input or recommendations are appreciated!

Many thanks!
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Fishing Lodge Recommendations!

Post by Walker »

Last year we stayed at Lac Tessier near Clova QC.Stayed in the large cabin and the fishing was great.
Closer to home Lac Bryson near Fort Colounge was great too.Stayed on an island with 2 cabins on it.
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
Ragehunter
Participant
Participant

Post by Ragehunter »

I would also recommend Eastern Canadian Outfitters
http://ecoutfitters.ca/
Great smallie fishing and lot of nice pike. There are largemouths in the lake as well. There are also lake trout and whitefish to be caught and lots of panfish.
He has walleye in his lake as well, but does not allow any to be taken as he is in the process of trying to establish the population.

The owner, Rob, is a great guy and also a friend of mine. I've fished up there 3 times in the last 4 years, each time catching a ton of pike and bass.

There is a public lake accessible by a tiny causeway that has decent walleye fishing and also good largemouth fishing.

His main lake is private and he also has 3 or 4 "hike in only" lakes available if you want a little adventure.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!.
I'll never apologize for being a hunter (or a fisherman)!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Not sure what your budget is or how far you want to drive, but I stayed at Reserve Beauchene as a guest of one of the companies I deal with a few years back and it was outstanding. Looked into going back up on my dime and it was a little rich.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Mississippi Mudslide
Participant
Participant

Post by Mississippi Mudslide »

If you're interested in the Hay Bay area of the Bay of Quinte, Perfect Vue Resort might be something to check out...(perfectvueresort.com)...
They don't take credit cards at all...everything is cash or cheque. Cottages there are clean and spacious, boat launch is very accessible for small and big boats...they are not far from Sherman's Point...
If there is one drawback from this place, it's the charge for dockage....they charge extra (depending on your boat size)....my personal feelings are that if I'm staying there at your resort, include the dockage as part of the package....
You need to take sleeping bags / dish soap / toilet paper etc...nothing is supplied in the cabins except mattress and pillow...
There is a horseshoe pit outside to pass the heat of the day if you're not interested in being on the water past high noon...
Just thought you might want to consider this area as it is phenomenal for walleye and pike!
Mississippi Mudslide (M.M.)
Jonesy
Participant
Participant

Post by Jonesy »

Thanks all for the recommendations! I have contracted a few places for availability.

Much appreciated!

tight lines!
Jonesy
Participant
Participant

Post by Jonesy »

Walker wrote:Last year we stayed at Lac Tessier near Clova QC.Stayed in the large cabin and the fishing was great.
Closer to home Lac Bryson near Fort Colounge was great too.Stayed on an island with 2 cabins on it.
Hi Walker,

Just wanted to thank you for your input. We have booked in at Bryson Lake Lodge for the May long weekend. I will be sure to give a full report upon our return. Of all the places we looked at, this lodge looked to be the most reasonable in terms of cost with fantastic reviews and multi-species available for us to try our luck at. There look to be some real trophies pulled from those waters so we are excited for our trip!

thanks!
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

Jonesy,
you are welcome and I look foreword to your report when you get back. Enjoy. :)
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
barney
Participant
Participant

Post by barney »

I've been to most of them on Kipawa. Started going there in 2005. Alwaki is very good. Probably the best bang for your buck. Nice cabins, good people. You won't regret it.