Looking for trout

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jshow89
Participant
Participant

Looking for trout

Post by jshow89 »

Hey just looking for a place to fish for trout through the ice this winter, I'm outa brockville, only place I know locally is charelston lake but I have heard from some people that there is no ice fishing for trout there anymore, not sure if this is true or not.. But are there any other places within in an hour drive for trout, I don't need and secret spots or specific locations, just the waterbody and I can do my own homework.. Someone told me there was a place near morrisburg that was a stocked trout pond but again not always sure what's true or a wild goose chase lol
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Looking for trout

Post by Todd B. »

Just use the MNR's Fish ON-Line app to find the stocked lakes that are relatively close.

http://www.web2.mnr.gov.on.ca/fish_onli ... er_en.html
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
tr21chris
Participant
Participant

Post by tr21chris »

Very true about no ice fishing for Lakers on Charleston. Season runs from the 4th Saturday in May, till Sept. 8th. CO's make their rounds...trust me.
jshow89
Participant
Participant

Post by jshow89 »

Yah that's what I thought about charelston, I'm new to the ice scene, just try and pick the brain of anyone when I can, and I've heard lots of stories of guys walking out into the big waters and fishing 70' down but again this was long ago
tr21chris
Participant
Participant

Post by tr21chris »

Well you wont be walking out on big waters anytime soon this year lol...70ft or 7ft..and anywhere in between. There's really no secret set in stone depth for winter time lakers...find where the bait is..find the lakers. I usually like to look for a 25-40 foot hump surrounded by much deeper water...basic stuff really.