Lake Nipissing . . .

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
NMG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Lake Nipissing . . .

Post by NMG »

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of making a trip up to Nipissing later this year and am looking at the end of August or the beginning of September. Could any of you tell me if that is a decent time of the year to fish the lake? I'd be targeting everything. Pike, Bass, Muskie and Walleye. Basically whatever swims, LOL. Just not sure if it would be better to push it back more into the fall and the start of the cooler weather . . .
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Lake Nipissing . . .

Post by smitty55 »

Never really see anyone here posting much about Nipissing. However, there are tons of posts and members who fish and live in the Nipissing area on the OOD forums, so I would suggest asking there, as you're likely to get lots more info on that site. That being said, your chances of catching larger fish are probably much better as you get into the fall months.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

Nippising is an amazing fisherie!!!!

Walleye, pike,Muskie and fantastic bass fishing opportunities!

I have fished it spring and late summer, and 30 FOW holes will find buckets of Eyes.

Best fishing over four evenings, saw 5 of us netting 142 walleyes. No time for a cigarette or a beverage! This was spring. Not the same late summer, yet still an exciting fisherie!

If you need rustic accommodations miss would highly recommend Cliff at Camp Mac Mac. A great host who will leave you alone to enjoy your time. Folks have been returning to Camp Mac Mac for over 50 years!

If you do speak to him, tell him the Indian sent you!
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
NMG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by NMG »

Okay cool, thanks guys!