Tyrant musky/pike lures

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Tyrant musky/pike lures

Post by rex.stpierre »

Has anyone had any luck with Tyrant lures.

I already own a Tyrant jerkbait, I don't like the idea that it sinks cause I fish shallow water but I really like the profile.

Im now looking at a Tyrant dictator and I can seem to find a single video online that shows me how it swims...im guessing left to right topwater like a jitterbug...

http://www.tyranttackleinc.com/media/di ... rcover.jpg

Any info will help, thanks
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Tyrant musky/pike lures

Post by banjo »

If you find them locally, let us know where.
It has been on my shopping list for BassPro in the States for a while but never seems to be in stock when I am there.
I imagine the action is the same as the old Heddon Crazy Crawler, with a lazy side to side paddle type swiming action. Should be good at various speeds and create a good size profile and target. It definitely is supposed to float.
I bought a cheaper lookalike from the Canadian Tire in Kemptville last fall, but never got it in the water before deer season.
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

They are all cheap knock offs.

Buddy had the Crusader ie; Top Raider. It last 10 cast I think before the blade in the tail was totally failing out.

That sinking jerkbait you are referring to. Generally any "jerkbait" that sinks is actually a glider, and they can be fished shallow you just have to fish them fast, which is a good thing for muskies, especially in the summer. The other possibility is that it is not supposed to sink but isn't sealed and is actually full of water.

Regardless, my experience is that they are cheap junk. Pretty sure the CT in Kanata was carrying Tyrant tackle should you wish to purchase any.
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

I know pike and musky spots that like jerks as fast as I can reel in spring.. Ill get a couple pike maybe a musky and ill consider them paid for! I plan on changing out the hooks.
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
IgglesD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IgglesD »

I'm with Jonathan on this one, i had 2 a few years back, probably only purchsed them out of sheer amazement they actually had musky lures at a local CT store (Kanata).
Same issues as listed above, one,very quickly became full of water, the other did not work after a day of moderate use. i adjusted the tail a couple of ways, made it worse...fail.. In my opinion, spend a bit more at the Carp show,or one of the US dealers on the oringinals which are made by premium bait makers, save yourself the hastle of on board failure, be well prepared before hitting water.

I do not recommend, but they are still at CT Kanata as of a month ago.