2015 Ottawa Boat and Sportsman's show.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: 2015 Ottawa Boat and Sportsman's show.

Post by Oneeleven »

BradGuenette wrote:
lape0019 wrote:Honestly,

From what I have heard, the organizers are trying to take a little of the "boat show" mentality back out of it and make it more of a sportman's show. I think I have heard they added an additional 4 fishing clubs and like in the original post, I know at least one other tackle shop other than Ozilies will be there this year.

I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out. If anything, it is a step in the right direction.
Coouldnt agree more, its going to be great having Pro J Tackle at the show this year, lots of goodies that cant be found locally!

Wish the radio commercial reflected this a bit more. :| Albeit short, it barely focuses on the 'outdoorsman' portion of the show.
Christian Gervais
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Christian Gervais »

BradGuenette wrote:
lape0019 wrote:Honestly,

From what I have heard, the organizers are trying to take a little of the "boat show" mentality back out of it and make it more of a sportman's show. I think I have heard they added an additional 4 fishing clubs and like in the original post, I know at least one other tackle shop other than Ozilies will be there this year.

I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out. If anything, it is a step in the right direction.
Coouldnt agree more, its going to be great having Pro J Tackle at the show this year, lots of goodies that cant be found locally!
I'll be working at Pro J all day Sunday. Hope to talk fishing with some of you at the show.
bassman140
Participant
Participant

Post by bassman140 »

I will be checking it, shake off some of the winter cob webs by checking out the fishing boats.
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

Pro J purchase tonight!!! And I'm already playing with it...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 3991 times
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Great crowd out at Paddletales yesterday too. lots of chicken consumed and some great deals had. Going to be a blast today.
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Christian Gervais
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Christian Gervais »

rex.stpierre wrote:Pro J purchase tonight!!! And I'm already playing with it...
Kamooki baits are great on the ice. Can't wait to put them to use in open water too.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Just got back from paddletales with some smoking deals!

Heading to the boat show next!
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

Went to the show on Saturday and really enjoyed it. Lots of nice boats to look at and people to talk too.
Spend a few dollars at each of the fishing booths there. Left with money in my pocket. The only thing that would make the show better would be more fishing retailers, there certainly was a lot of people going through the show, so the exposure would have paid off in the long run. As an example... I didn't buy a Lund while I was there... but I decided that when it comes time, they will have my money.:-)
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Bought two of the Kamooki baits as well. Hope they work as well as they look!

Also agree that more tackle shops would be better but with heading to Paddletales before the boat show and then hitting up the Pro J booth, I think I got more than I could have asked for.

And with fried Chicken to boot from Paddletales, who can complain!!!
Last edited by lape0019 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

Well, the wife and I attended Friday to this morning the Montreal "Salon" of fishing, hunting and camping. Lots of people.

Not sure if I liked it or not. When you already have lots of toys, you kind of say "Nah!" Got that - got something similar or close to that.

But I did talk to the Shomano boot guys and they educated me on one item I did not have. A Baitcaster (well not those new ones). I have the old close quarter reel with the hidden line by a cover and a release button.

Well I bit. Went to the Montreal Le Baron booth (0nly one booth that sold the Shimano), and got the Curado 200 HG.

Can't wait to go out and try it. Going to place 50 lb braid line on it.
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

LeGrand wrote:Well, the wife and I attended Friday to this morning the Montreal "Salon" of fishing, hunting and camping. Lots of people.

Not sure if I liked it or not. When you already have lots of toys, you kind of say "Nah!" Got that - got something similar or close to that.

But I did talk to the Shomano boot guys and they educated me on one item I did not have. A Baitcaster (well not those new ones). I have the old close quarter reel with the hidden line by a cover and a release button.

Well I bit. Went to the Montreal Le Baron booth (0nly one booth that sold the Shimano), and got the Curado 200 HG.

When you say close quarter reel with the hidden line by a cover and a release button, do you mean like a Zebco 33?

Good choice on a first baitcaster, always better to learn in something that isn't a cheap POS.
Alby
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Alby »

Really wanted to get to Paddletales this weekend, but my boy's right in the middle of hockey playoffs. Family first...
Bought the Humminbird 858c last spring, along with a few Dobyns rods, and Wiley X shades. Looking to add more electronics this season(down and side imaging up front).

Ed: any leftover smoking deals on electronics? Help me out; I mean, I missed out on the chicken...

Bryan
LeGrand
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by LeGrand »

biggs wrote:
LeGrand wrote:Well, the wife and I attended Friday to this morning the Montreal "Salon" of fishing, hunting and camping. Lots of people.

When you say close quarter reel with the hidden line by a cover and a release button, do you mean like a Zebco 33?

Yes.

Good choice on a first baitcaster, always better to learn in something that isn't a cheap POS.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Bryan: I've still got some electronics at the old pricing. Humminbirds just went up 15%, but I was able to bring a bunch in before the increase.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FishingFreak13 »

So I went to paddletales saturday and the boat show sunday. My best day this weekend was definitely saturday. Picked up some new stuff to try out this summer had some awesome conversations and of course the fried chicken was delicious. As for the Boat and "sportsman show" in my opinion that was one heck of a let down. I get that they are there to try and make sales but come on nobody I tried to strike up a conversation with didn't want anything to do with sales. One guy even said if you aren't here to buy than take off. There was a demo going on when i was there and that wasn't very great either, could barely hear the guy talking the entire time. I think i spent all of 20 minutes in there. Definitely won't be going back again any time soon.

Brian