RJnBirdees Annual Panfish Derby- Feb 14th

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RJnBirdees Annual Panfish Derby- Feb 14th

Post by RJ »

Wasn't that bad at all!

Most attendees ever! Most money raised!

Will get some pics up tomorrow.

RJ
Natch09
Participant
Participant

Post by Natch09 »

Thx for the tournament Rob , it was nice to finally meet you . Cheers Greg .
Grizzly Grub
Participant
Participant

Post by Grizzly Grub »

Hey friends,

I know this is a long shot, but either way worth a try. During yesterday's Panfish Derby the front licence plate on my truck was torn off after hitting a large snow bank. The snowbank in question was located right at the registration area, more specifically in very close proximity to where Mossy had set up his chili dog stand. That's as close as any direction I can provide (I wasn't driving my truck at the time it occurred).

I gave it a go today to try to locate it but the weather was a big fat zero in regards to cooperating with me, huge snowdrifts in every direction, especially where the registration point was.

If anyone comes across the plate in the coming days or weeks can you please give me a PM, it would greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to avoid dishing out $40 to the ministry for new plates and validation sticker.

Judging by the way the licence plate bracket snapped, the plate should still have one of those clear bug guard/covers on it. Ontario Plate ending in "615"

Thanks for keeping an eye open for me, it's greatly appreciated

FYI...Awesome derby! Look forward to it every year, third consecutive year for me and counting! I just wish the panfish would cooperate for me :-P
ImageImage
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Well done RJ. You and the team put on a great event and this day will only grow more and more every year. Wish I could be there.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Mother Nature let us play for a few hours. With the weather the way it had been all week I was mildly concerned. Not to worry when I started seeing a steady stream of trucks making their way out.

Setup on Lower Rideau Lake...

Fishing seemed a bit off this year or folks didn't want to leave the warmth of their huts.. :lol:

12 inch Perch was biggest of the day. Nothing under 10 inches won any of the hourly prizes.

Prize packs were stuffed with stuff from HT Enterprises, Vexilar and Bennetts BaitnTackle. Without these awesome folks we'd never be able to make this happen.

A few more pics of the day.

We assembled back at days end to raffle off an 8 man Pop up courtesy of HT.

Then we all scurried for shore. :lol:

Thanks to all who braved the day. A nice cheque to the Kelly Shires Breast Cancer Foundation will be in the mail this week, it starts with a 4.... :D :D

RJ
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

Good stuff RJ. Next year I'll be there with my (then) 4 year old. He's dying to get out for some ice fishing.

E
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

Sorry I missed it...............but there was no way with that weather we were having.............maybe next year!

Doug
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Doug wrote:Sorry I missed it...............but there was no way with that weather we were having.............maybe next year!

Doug
Too bad Doug, there were hundreds of people that braved the weather Sat to fish including G/F's, wives and children. It really wasn't that bad.

Great time out there fishing alongside a bunch of Hawkers. Panfish were finicky but managed to ice a bunch of gillies and percho's. It was gong show out there and the lads and I pushed out 4 trucks who thought they could plow using there front end.

Anthony told me he was going for another title(Jokingly), and 2nd hour he lands a beauty 12'' perch, biggest of the event. Unfortunately nothing really close to that afterwords.

The chilli and bread roll from Mossy's was a nice change.

Thanks for everything involved with this derby Rob and Kim, always a great time. I think everyone who entered walked away with a little something too. See ya's next year for sure.

Andrew
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

back to Tip-up...............

Yes I understand the weather up there wasn't as bad as what Kingston got, which was a blizzard that dumped a foot of snow, roads including the 401 closed, multiple accidents, etc, pretty nasty stuff. And yes, I am an old fart and fairly cautious about driving in blizzards. I got this way from driving in many blizzards as a young man..... :roll:

Doug