just out for a QUINTE rip are ya bud?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
i got worms
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

just out for a QUINTE rip are ya bud?

Post by i got worms »

made a rip up to quinte for a couple days of walleye nirvana...

the bite was on like donkey kong...

peekaboo! eyes see you...

keep 'em comin bud...

26-30ft with golden flavoured spoons put 'em on the ice real nice...

30+ walters between 3 guys ain't too shabby...

i think this one escaped from petrie...

ahhhh that's more like it...

this is why we do it...

8)
Last edited by i got worms on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got 99 problems but a fish ain't one...
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: just out for a QUINTE rip are ya bud?

Post by zippyfx »

Nice job!
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Great report man, nice chunkers there 8)
Cy
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

Wonder what the FISHKING will have to say about this post ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome post guys looks like you were dialed in .....some beauty hogs right there nice JOB ,,,,now for me to make that trip !!
what part of Quinty did you hit up?
Mike P
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike P »

Some nice size and numbers I got worms, I found Sat morning was slow but the afternoon picked up. Nice job guys!
SteveO
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by SteveO »

Thanks for the report! Those are beauty Sobchak's.
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troutskiii »

Some beauty eyes right there.....nice report minus the habs logo on the pop up :roll:
theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by theDL »

:shock: Damn worms, those are some great looking 'eyes! Congrats on the great outing! Awesome pics, I'm so jealous :D
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Holy Jig a Pig!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

Great Job, beauty fish! Did you get any stats? length weight? Girth? Best fish of the trip?

I'm hitting Trenton in a couple weeks... deepest around there seems to be 17 feet.
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
i got worms
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by i got worms »

Sorry rex no stats for you other than we landed 30some walleye, 1 pike and 1 sheephead. Unless they're real giants we just get a quick pic and send 'em back down the hole. We've weighed enough 8, 9, and 10's over the years. That's the beauty of quinte, every time you set the hook there's a legit chance that you just tied into a 12, 14, or maybe even a 16lb walter!
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Gold Jerry Gold! That's some nice fishin worms! Just makes me want to venture out there this winter for the first time even more. Thanks for sharing!
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

i got worms wrote:Sorry rex no stats for you other than we landed 30some walleye, 1 pike and 1 sheephead. Unless they're real giants we just get a quick pic and send 'em back down the hole. We've weighed enough 8, 9, and 10's over the years. That's the beauty of quinte, every time you set the hook there's a legit chance that you just tied into a 12, 14, or maybe even a 16lb walter!
I have a friend that lives in Trenton (far west bay of quinte)....navionics shows 12-18 fow there....do you think the fishing is just as good as what you experienced?

I would do anything for a 10 pound and or 30 inch walleye....just one, quick picture and release... I'd frame it enjoy it for life!
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
i got worms
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by i got worms »

rex.stpierre wrote:I have a friend that lives in Trenton (far west bay of quinte)....navionics shows 12-18 fow there....do you think the fishing is just as good as what you experienced?
I've never fished the Trenton area but I'm sure it can be just as good (or bad) as any spot on Quinte. These fish are just roaming around in big schools and staging for the spawn. I really think it's a "right place at the right time" scenario. This is why I prefer to do multi day trips and spend every bit of daylight on the ice jiggin that spoon! The more time I spend on the ice, the greater my chance of being in the "right place". Good luck!
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

i got worms wrote:
rex.stpierre wrote:I have a friend that lives in Trenton (far west bay of quinte)....navionics shows 12-18 fow there....do you think the fishing is just as good as what you experienced?
I've never fished the Trenton area but I'm sure it can be just as good (or bad) as any spot on Quinte. These fish are just roaming around in big schools and staging for the spawn. I really think it's a "right place at the right time" scenario. This is why I prefer to do multi day trips and spend every bit of daylight on the ice jiggin that spoon! The more time I spend on the ice, the greater my chance of being in the "right place". Good luck!
I've noticed that navionics shows a deeper challenge. So yes, I would most likely sit in my heated tent all day long with a dead stick at one end and jigging at the other end...

Id be driving from Ottawa and making it a 4 day trip. Do you think its worth fishing late into the night with some glow in the dark spoons?