lighting a pop-up/flipover ice shack??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RyanW
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

lighting a pop-up/flipover ice shack??

Post by RyanW »

..-
Last edited by RyanW on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
613 Ice Fishing
On Facebook
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: lighting a pop-up/flipover ice shack??

Post by Troutskiii »

Coleman lantern? Works good for me when I use a shack or pull an overnighter on the ice once in a while.
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

My old man got me an led pen light at car quest.... it lights the tent like crazy. I have no idea how much he paid, it was a Christmas gift. The way the light is shaped, I can slip it between the tarp and pole of my tent. It's black and yellow and called cliplight.
Attachments
cliplight.png
cliplight.png (19.34 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by CCLad »

I have had a battery pack from crappy Tire for the last 5 years (time for a new one now) but it has been excellent for power. Run a light and radio for 5-6 hours, rechargeable and not that heavy,

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/elimi ... KkqXZU5BHg
Yakster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Yakster »

I picked up a couple of Rapala LED lights the are about 3"x8" they throw plenty of light and pack wellwith multiple mounting options.

I also have 4' of led strip light mounted on a pole...this was left over from a kitchen reno that has a remote and hooks up to a small FF
battery. Nice to have the red light for nap time on those overnight outings.
BigDaddyD
Participant
Participant

Post by BigDaddyD »

For Xmas I recived a Colman lantern with LED bulbs, it takes 8 D sized battery's that cost under 10 bucks at CT. It lit my 8'X8' pop up great, I hung it from the top corner with a rope, I'm supposed to get 24 hour on high with battery's. It was the only light we had and it worked great.
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

There are plenty of LED light bars from all the usual suspects out there these days Clam,HT,Rapala all make good shelter lights. Some are light bars and will attach to parts of the sled, others come with a built in hook to hang off one of the cross bars, I'm currently using the HT led light w/fan, it takes two D batteries and so far has done great.
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

Check the dollar stores first. LED lights are cheap like borsh.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for... I like the convience of the LED options Energizer makes some great latrens. If I'm heading out to a favorite spot for some night crappies I usually bring my Coleman lantern it's provides the best light, heat & keeps my steel spoon clean by placing it on top of it. A headlamp is a must for me for packing up or walking to & from. Whatever you choose always have back up sources of light, extra batteries, propane/mantles because trying to fish at night or early morning with no light sucks.
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
reboot
Participant
Participant

Post by reboot »

You could use a Coleman Lantern on top of a 1lb propane tank... Light + heat all in one!