Ruisseau de la Brasserie

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Ruisseau de la Brasserie

Post by CyrusG »

Do they still stock that creek with trout? I know a few of you guys on here used to go there years ago, it would be nice to target some stockers so close to the city next spring :lol:
Cy
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Ruisseau de la Brasserie

Post by Bass Addict »

No Longer Stocked !
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Alen123
Participant
Participant

Post by Alen123 »

the city next sprin
If you are looking for quick success in Testking 642-737 exam then join today to explore useful Miami International University of Art & Design dumps resources and pass ASQ certification on first try guaranteed.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Alen123 wrote:the city next sprin
What about the city next sprin...???????
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

Have you guys been there lately? It looks disgusting...

I fished below the brasserie a month ago and I was casting my spinner in the middle of a pool that looked like it literally had an entire garbage can full of stuff floating around...
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
Streamside88
Participant
Participant

Post by Streamside88 »

yea that was a failed attempt... credits to who ever was in charge for trying though :P
TheDon
Participant
Participant

Post by TheDon »

Rex nailed it. The Ottawa riverkeeper did water quality tests and it's by far the dirtiest watershed in the area. It's too bad because it's a historic creek with lots of potential. Right now it is the ugliest filthiest creek I've ever seen, it's a disgrace
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

TheDon wrote:Rex nailed it. The Ottawa riverkeeper did water quality tests and it's by far the dirtiest watershed in the area. It's too bad because it's a historic creek with lots of potential. Right now it is the ugliest filthiest creek I've ever seen, it's a disgrace

So why doesn't anyone do anything about it. Is it not the city that should be keeping it clean?? Or what about getting an organization to come in and adopt the water way. Just complaining about it solves nothing. Just ask any member of parliament how that works. Works great for votes but doesn't do much after that. Lol
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Thanks for the info guys i wasn't planning on keeping any out of there, i went there last fall and caught lots of big sunfish and a few decent smallies.
Cy
TheDon
Participant
Participant

Post by TheDon »

almontefisher wrote:
TheDon wrote:Rex nailed it. The Ottawa riverkeeper did water quality tests and it's by far the dirtiest watershed in the area. It's too bad because it's a historic creek with lots of potential. Right now it is the ugliest filthiest creek I've ever seen, it's a disgrace

So why doesn't anyone do anything about it. Is it not the city that should be keeping it clean?? Or what about getting an organization to come in and adopt the water way. Just complaining about it solves nothing. Just ask any member of parliament how that works. Works great for votes but doesn't do much after that. Lol
Agreed the complaining about it doesn't do anything, but stopping stocking it is a good idea. I think its gross the amount of kids and people that ate fish out of that cesspool. I attended a shoreline cleanup run by the Ottawariverkeeper so I don't only complain about it :D . There is being work being done to clean it up but it's a long process. Here's a link that briefly describes the pollution for those interested

http://ottawariverkeeper.ca/news/ottawa ... _brasserie
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

TheDon wrote:
almontefisher wrote:

Agreed the complaining about it doesn't do anything, but stopping stocking it is a good idea. I think its gross the amount of kids and people that ate fish out of that cesspool. I attended a shoreline cleanup run by the Ottawariverkeeper so I don't only complain about it :D . There is being work being done to clean it up but it's a long process. Here's a link that briefly describes the pollution for those interested

So technically, the raw untreated sewage would still, to this day, be making its way in the Ottawa River?
I’d be very curious what the CFU/per 100 ml. ratio would be in regards to E. Coli levels.

And again, to this day, I wouldn’t dare eat a fish out of the Ottawa River!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

TheDon wrote:
almontefisher wrote:

I applaude you Don for the work you are doing but I guess reading that article makes you understand that no matter how much it gets cleaned up without knowing where the raw sewage is coming from means it never will be clean. Sad sight to see from the Nations Capital. Hey the good news is the politicians are still raking in the money!! And we all know that is what really matters.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
TheDon
Participant
Participant

Post by TheDon »

[/quote]

So technically, the raw untreated sewage would still, to this day, be making its way in the Ottawa River?
I’d be very curious what the CFU/per 100 ml. ratio would be in regards to E. Coli levels.

And again, to this day, I wouldn’t dare eat a fish out of the Ottawa River![/quote]

"According to Health Canada’s Guidelines for Recreational Water Quality, water with E. coli counts greater than 400 CFU (colony forming units) per 100 mL are deemed polluted and unsafe. Ottawa Riverkeeper water-testing results revealed E. coli levels as high as 4400 CFU per 100 mL sample."
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

TheDon wrote:

And again, to this day, I wouldn’t dare eat a fish out of the Ottawa River!

"According to Health Canada’s Guidelines for Recreational Water Quality, water with E. coli counts greater than 400 CFU (colony forming units) per 100 mL are deemed polluted and unsafe. Ottawa Riverkeeper water-testing results revealed E. coli levels as high as 4400 CFU per 100 mL sample."
I was assuming the testing was done in the Ruisseau de la Brasserie.....what about the Ottawa's main river chanel?
Regardless, lo0ol with what I've seen floating downstream.....no thanks!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

I actually hooked a 6 inch smally... I was looking for baitfish to freeze up for gar...

I fish the QC side of the Ottawa 5 days a week. I've been waste deep in that water all summer and I have never gotten sick.

I went ankle deep in the ruisseau de la brasserie and it was quite unsettling.

Who do I write to? To get this stream adopted I mean?

I've heard stories of really nice fish coming out of the north end of that brook where it dumps into the Ottawa but I have a feeling it might just be that...stories...

The water seems so questionable that suckers don't even spawn up there...
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.