shore fishing pics

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

shore fishing pics

Post by tbone1088 »

hey guys,
thought i would post a couple pics from the season so far, there in no order but have all been from this year. Lots of nice catfish this season so far, walleye are a little on the small side but that should change with the warming water I hope. Pike bite is starting to heat up as well! No topwater action yet, but that should be happening very soon...

banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: shore fishing pics

Post by banjo »

Nice. Good start!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Nice fish!
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Nice pike bud, i went out yesterday for a few hours and the pike were hitting almost anything you tossed at them
Cy
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

Pike are harder to find where I fish, fairly small usually but with the high water and cooler temps im surprised the big ones aren't around... keep trying i guess ;)
avidangler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by avidangler »

Ive had a lot of luck throwing jerk baits and working them really slow, more so with a certain color pattern but that's my little secret :wink:. Also had some decent action on live minnows. The water is still fairly cool in most spots so ive found the slower you go the better the bite.
Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you fishing gear and that's kinda the same thing.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Nice fish! Looks like you are having fun.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I have gone out for gar using small cranks. I've gone out for walleye (on shore) using twister tails at Victoria Island.

Both times I have had musky bite!

WEIRD...

Never, EVER has that happened for me!
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

Great minds think alike Jimmy :) I fish victoria island alot since that is close to where I live, and twisters are my go to for that spot usually. 4 inch to 6inch bright colours work best for me, as for the musky my friend pulled one out of there with a twister when we were teenagers... probably close to 50 inches! They are definitely around there I havent caught a big one yet though, soon enough :) PS I would avoid that area right now, the river level has dropped severely for the last week or so and the fish have moved out... good luck boys