People leaving garbage!!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
arnpriormike
Participant
Participant

People leaving garbage!!!!

Post by arnpriormike »

I have been noticing a problem more often when I go trout fishing. Starting a couple years ago, one of my favourite trout lakes was all-of-a-sudden being fished/camped on long weekends by a group of people. I met them that weekend. After that weekend, I noticed they left garbage at the campsite. Lots of garbage. Where they parked their trucks, they left a trailer with a flat tire full of garbage. A black bear discovered the garbage bags...what a mess! Right then my worst fear occurred to me. My favourite place on earth has been infiltrated by CITIOTS!!!!
I reported this to the MNR. Along with the trailers licence plate #. They were more than happy to deal with it.
A couple of months later, on a long weekend of course, I ran into these people at the lake. There were probably 8 of them at the campsite. I confronted these guys. (Can't go wrong doing the right thing right!) I told them that I was mad that they left garbage and advised them not to this time, and that I reported the issue to the MNR and gave them their licence plate number.
The following summer I noticed more garbage across the bay where the campsite is. I went over and this is what I saw: A wooden outhouse with a porcelain toilet, another porcelain toilet in the woods, a man-made dock, a wooden deck, a 4x8 table, chairs, a tent, .22 cartridges, a cooler and lots of garbage. It took me all day..... I tore everything apart and burned everything! It took me ALL DAY! The toilets.....ya they don't burn. I wasn't touching them, so I roped them, and dragged them to a little rock cliff. In the water they went. 55' of water. Just like when they sink a ship to make fish habitat. Hopefully crayfish or minnows will make use of it. I know it sounds weird, but I'm pretty far from my truck and I don't own an ATV. Now that campsite looks like nature intended. No sign of humans!!!!
After the big clean up, I noticed no more activity there! Maybe the citiots returned and had to leave because there wasn't a place to go to the bathroom. Maybe their inability to adapt to crapping in the woods without a toilet, made them stand there with their legs crossed. Confused they probably stood there and crapped their pants.
When you go fishing/camping, please take your trash home. (Wabun lake is also getting bad)
Last edited by arnpriormike on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: People leaving garbage!!!!

Post by fishin mission »

good on you .......except the porcelain toilets in the water??? WTF
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Couldn’t help myself….Your favorite Trout Lake got squatted and trashed, but yet again you dump the toilets in the water? Lo00o0ol Ok!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
arnpriormike
Participant
Participant

Post by arnpriormike »

Have you ever dedicated a day to cleaning up a lake/campsite? I think I did good considering where I was, what I had, who I had for help (no one), and what I had to clean up. I know I'm not perfect, but I tried to do the right thing. I'm a km away from my truck. Funny where people will focus their negative comments on considering what happened here. Who's the bad guy here?
I didn't even bother fishing!! I was too busy!!
avidangler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by avidangler »

Unfortunately I see the same thing everywhere I go nowadays. People leaving garbage and fish all over the place whether its hardwater or soft. It pee pee me off to no end that people can be so lazy and/or ignorant. There is unfortunately not much that can e done other than to clean it up and inform the MnR. My hope would be that if enough people report it the punishments for this type of crap will steadily grow in severity for those who are caught. Its sad to say but that's the reality of it. But its not all bad there are still people who can see past their own selfish world.
Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you fishing gear and that's kinda the same thing.
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

Funny where people will focus their negative comments on considering what happened here. Who's the bad guy here?
wasn't saying you were the bad guy but the toilets could of stayed on shore rather than tossing them in the water that's all
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FishingFreak13 »

Maybe fish like toilets for cover you should fish that spot later to see if anything took up home there. Sadly though a lot of campsites are now filled with garbage. I just want to thank you for doing something like that. Most people would just leave it or push it off to the side.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

I agree leaving garbage behind is abusing nature and any parties doing so
need a good swift hoof in the a%se and made to clean it up!! :evil: :evil:

But I don't agree with you dismantling and burning docks, tables, and other
creature comforts that someone else took the time and effort to build. :shock:
And the fact that they were left behind for other people to make use of
I don't think you taking it upon yourself to destroy everything earns you
any "attaboys", certainly not from me anyway. If I had been the one to
construct a makeshift campsite and found you destroying it someone
else would be getting a good swift kick in the a#se!! :shock: 8) :lol: :lol:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

I would have done the same thing... my woodlot is a 175 acres, and I pick up ALL MY GARBAGE....I treat the ice that way, I treat parks that way. Hell, I even carry bags around in the summer to grab stuff on my way out of Jacques Cartier park in Hull...I found a legal dead walleye on the ice two nights ago. Some people are just damn stupid.
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
Wolfy
Participant
Participant

Post by Wolfy »

Arnpriormike,

I'll give ya an attaboy. The way I see it, if a person can drag all the material and equipment 1km or more into the bush and go through all the hassle to build outhouses, tables, chair, docks, etc. Then they can sure as hell carry a plastic fold up table and fold up chairs in, and then carry them back out when they're done. If they leave all that stuff in the bush, then they technically are littering. Why can't a person just leave an area, the way they found it. This is our land and privilege to lose. If we can't keep it the way we found it, then eventually others will ruin it for everyone. I don't personally agree with dumping toilets into the water, but who knows, some fish may actually use it as a new home.

Thanks for your hard work!! :wink:
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Good on you man!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Thank you sir!

Yeah the toilets could have stayed on land loll.

I once pulled up to my favorite shore line and found a massive septic hose ( like the ones the trucks carrin the water, it was gross, full of mud and crap... Pulled it out, put it in the truck and drove to the dumpsters in town (Muchmoore in Hull has like 7 dumpsters for the communities) .
Feels good to clean up!

;)
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

[quote="arnpriormike" CITIOTS!!!![/quote]

Yeah I'm from the city and don't like you throwing everyone into the mix..
There are idiots everywhere, city folk and country folk alike...

As for the campsite, hopefully you're sure that its public land and not theirs..
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

There are idiots everywhere, city folk and country folk alike...
Shawn I agree on that one 100 % with you,,,,idiots are rampant!
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Like Porcelain is going to contaminate a lake !! :roll: ......give me a break !!
I would have lopped everything over the cliff, including the docks !
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017