I spit at you, HaHaHa ( funny little story)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Basspad
Participant
Participant

I spit at you, HaHaHa ( funny little story)

Post by Basspad »

So two weeks ago I was out fishing with a good buddy of mine. We were having a good day playing the numbers game and the score was neck and neck all day. So naturally I chuckled at him when he has a swing and miss. One particular fish had also taken his dropshot minnow so I laughed a little more at him. Naturally of course, what else are good fishing buddy's for.....

This past Sunday I was out on that same lake with another good buddy. So here we were on the same lake close to the same spot. I hook into a decent 2lbs or so smallie. I'm enjoying the battle and letting her tier herself out when she jumps and spits something at the boat. It wasn't a minnow or a crayfish I noticed. Being curious I netted the regurgitated thing and then the fish. After letting the smallie go, back to the net for a closer look. It's the minnow that my buddy from two weeks ago had stolen from him! Wow, that's pretty wild. I can't believe that this smallie held onto that bait for so long.
image.jpg
image.jpg (12.6 KiB) Viewed 4107 times
Before
image.jpg
image.jpg (3.32 MiB) Viewed 4182 times
After two weeks in a smallie

So after having a smallie spit a bait out at the boat,I was able to go back to my buddy two weeks later and say " Haha I was able to get fish you couldn't. "

What's the weirdest thing you've had come out of a bass?
Last edited by Basspad on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: I spit at you, HaHaHa ( funny little story)

Post by scarkner »

My son laughed his butt-off at me when I reeled in a smallie that projectile vomited, from the water line, a half-digested rock-bass so hard that it hit me in the forehead. Scales and gut-slime all over my face. Bleeeech!!!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

scarkner wrote:My son laughed his butt-off at me when I reeled in a smallie that projectile vomited, from the water line, a half-digested rock-bass so hard that it hit me in the forehead. Scales and gut-slime all over my face. Bleeeech!!!

I would have laughed too!!!
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

I've seen whole clean crayfish twice, but that's no match for flying face attacking rock bass and too week old insides jokes!
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

I pulled a 3lb bass outta of the heavy weeds on Stump lake.

It proceeded to deficate an entire crayfish intact.....

Musta had two morning coffee's that day (the fish...not me)
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

I did a search for my old thread (must have been lost when the site crashed)...

We saw a nice 40" musky PUKE up a half digested 25-30" musky.... WHICH... we then spent about half an hour resuscitating!

Hence the term "MUSKY PUKE" was born.

E
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

Just goes to show you how well plastics decompose in the stomach of a fish...2 weeks and still looks good. :shock:
Haulin Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Haulin Bass »

I had a fish break my line and caught the same fish later the same day on a duplicate bait and got my lure back. I say its your buddy's fish and should count on his total. the proof is in the minnow.......
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

I caught a nice walleye last week and when I got it home and was cleaning it i found a still twitching sunfish in its stomach...Ive also had a walleye puke up a live perch before.
Wishing I was fishing
Basspad
Participant
Participant

Post by Basspad »

Haulin Bass wrote:I had a fish break my line and caught the same fish later the same day on a duplicate bait and got my lure back. I say its your buddy's fish and should count on his total. the proof is in the minnow.......
I would agree if he had the hook in his mouth. The fish just stripped and got the upper hand with him I say. Mind you it's all in the name of good old friendly completion and bragging rights. Now my buddy also ended up winnin the numbers game. At the end of the day we stayed just a little longer because we were all tied up and called next fish wins. The winning fish was a 6" smallie. Not exactly a monster but it was all he needed for the days bragging rights.

I'm loving hearing yours stories fish hawk. Thanks for sharing.
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

Basspad wrote:
Haulin Bass wrote:I had a fish break my line and caught the same fish later the same day on a duplicate bait and got my lure back. I say its your buddy's fish and should count on his total. the proof is in the minnow.......
I would agree if he had the hook in his mouth. The fish just stripped and got the upper hand with him I say. Mind you it's all in the name of good old friendly completion and bragging rights. Now my buddy also ended up winnin the numbers game. At the end of the day we stayed just a little longer because we were all tied up and called next fish wins. The winning fish was a 6" smallie. Not exactly a monster but it was all he needed for the days bragging rights.

I'm loving hearing yours stories fish hawk. Thanks for sharing.
12"minimum on my boat...babies don't count :P
Wishing I was fishing
Streamside88
Participant
Participant

Post by Streamside88 »

ive had plenty of sankos shot at me , not to mention crayfish and those small invasive guppys? forget the name...
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

That's a pretty cool story, makes ya wonder how many times we catch the same fish!

RJ