Maker a Laker

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

Charles wrote:[ Gold one side, silver on the other, Doug
Hi Guys, I fished the Pemi & 31 for 18 years when the lakes were open, the only spoon I used was the West River, the spoon with the gold side is useless, the one you want is the spoon wih the silver on one side and the other is the copper color!!

Beleive me they work!! also in the spring>>>

Charles[/quote]

Yes now as I think about it, the spoon was COPPER coloured on the one side (not gold) and silver on the other. Thanks for the reminder!

Doug
Charles
Participant
Participant

Out 4 Trout

Post by Charles »

HO I forgot, when jigging DO NOT USE a long rod, the smaller the better, ice fishing rod is the best ( sail)..lol. I use to fish with locals and the way they gig was pretty amazing, they gave fast and hard repitition by not long!! 4 seconds per gig.

Try it out, NO minnows on the end of the WR

C.
Charles
Participant
Participant

Post by Charles »

Doug wrote:
Charles wrote:[ Gold one side, silver on the other, Doug
Hi Guys, I fished the Pemi & 31 for 18 years when the lakes were open, the only spoon I used was the West River, the spoon with the gold side is useless, the one you want is the spoon wih the silver on one side and the other is the copper color!!

Beleive me they work!! also in the spring>>>

Charles
Yes now as I think about it, the spoon was COPPER coloured on the one side (not gold) and silver on the other. Thanks for the reminder!

Doug[/quote]

NO sweat Doug, there is a lot of colours & choice out there, have a good fishing season!!!2011...

Charles
S.M.05
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by S.M.05 »

Nice laker and cool shot of the sun coming up, I took some similar ones the weeknd before.
The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter!
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Great looking Laker.
MEAT - Grind it, stuff it, smoke it.