NEED Help, Real Quick

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
stephenP
Participant
Participant

NEED Help, Real Quick

Post by stephenP »

I've spent the first three days of my vacation obeying "she who must be obeyed if I ever want to see her naked again", and I've been putting down hard wood flooring. That means no pre-fishing for a tournament I have on the Rideau this Saturday, launching at Rideau Ferry consevation area. Here's the problem: 1. I've never fished the water before. How tricky is the water with regards to submerged obstructions? 2. Where do I go? North-East into Lower Rideau or South-West into Big Rideau. My maps seem to tell me that there are more Bucketmouth type bays if I head south I.E. McCleans Bay and Adams Lake, if you can get into it. Can you? MacDonalds Bay also looks intriguin but it is a long haul. All help graciously welcome. Thanks
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

stephenP

Post by Cancatchbass »

Hi:

I'll send you a PM with some info.

Skip Adams Lake- not worth the bother- you can get in OK, but wouldn't recommend wasting your time there.

CCB
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

That is very nice of you CCB.... :D

A bass guy who shares!... :lol: :lol: :lol:

RJ
AverageAngler
Participant
Participant

true that

Post by AverageAngler »

Way to help a brother out!
Cheers
-AA-
RJ wrote:That is very nice of you CCB.... :D

A bass guy who shares!... :lol: :lol: :lol:

RJ
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: stephenP

Post by Moosebunk »

Cancatchbass wrote:Skip Adams Lake- not worth the bother- you can get in OK, but wouldn't recommend wasting your time there
I second that.

The slop around Beveridges Locks can hold some bigger bucketmouths. :)
stephenP
Participant
Participant

All the Tips Helped

Post by stephenP »

Thanks to all of you who shared your secret honey holes. 1st fish 15 minutes into the tournament and culling by 1045. I kept upgrading throughout the day but its a slow process when a 12 incher gets replaced by a 13 incher, then replaced by a 14 incher, etc, etc,etc. The good news is my son and I weighed in our limit of 5 fish but we didn't get the hogs we needed to compete for the top 10. My boy and and did however enjoy the day immensely. Thanks again to all.