City fishing.....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

City fishing.....

Post by Steady Eddy »

I started at Victoria Park @ 7am.... Fished till 2pm. Caught 1 smallie on a brown tube, under a limb hanging over the rideau. I can live with 1 decent fish in 7hrs, happens often enough. The "crappy" thing is, I was fishing 10ft off the path and after a few casts, I realized there were a bunch (3) of used syringes stuck in the ground....spoiled the day, called it quits. I grew up in Toronto and my father always took us out of town to fish, saying, "the fish live up north". Maybe due to stuff like this.... I am just wondering if any other shore guys in Ottawa have encountered this ?
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

Yeah, from what I have seen, its worst on the Hull side of the river. The stretch between the powerdam upstream to the rapids has lots of squatters. Parc Moussette is rough after sundown
Steady Eddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Steady Eddy »

I was on the east pathway, right between Beechwood and Vanier. It just sucks. I know it happens, and it will probably always happen. 10ft off a government monitered walkway, in the capital. SHOCKING :shock:
Steady.

Born To Fish, Forced To Work.
Kovalchuk
Participant
Participant

Post by Kovalchuk »

Rideau Falls... If you shore fish there you have seen it all!

I used to love going there and catching Gar all day long, a couple incidents related to puke / human excrement and syringes and haven't been there in years.
HaZarD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HaZarD »

Im heading down to petire this afternoon. Water levels are up and I hope the fish are back.