Huge Valley surprise

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

My Oh My.......What a brute!

Am I curious about that fish, Was it a stocked Rainbow lake or just Specks stocked?

I've been told the MNR when the breeding stock reaches a point past maturity they do release them back to the wild to live out their remaining years......I wonder if that is the case here.....

That is an outstanding fish no matter where, what, or how.....I'd drop the MNR a line with it Mike.....you might get a really cool tale out of it.

RJ
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

RJ wrote:My Oh My.......What a brute!

Am I curious about that fish, Was it a stocked Rainbow lake or just Specks stocked?

I've been told the MNR when the breeding stock reaches a point past maturity they do release them back to the wild to live out their remaining years......I wonder if that is the case here.....

That is an outstanding fish no matter where, what, or how.....I'd drop the MNR a line with it Mike.....you might get a really cool tale out of it.

RJ
Mike

I know the guy who is in charge of stocking these lakes in the area.
Give me ALL the details and I will forward the information :lol:... Just kidding... if you want his name/number/email... let me know and Ill PM you the contact info.
"I wonder if other dogs think poodles
are members of a weird religious cult."
-- Rita Rudner
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

[quote="Mike P"][/quote]

I think that the only thing that impresses me more about the members angling abilities on this site, has got to be the amazing cooks we have in here.

All HAIL!!

Gorgeous looking meal. Appropriate culinary respect for a great looking fish!

Thanks again for sharing.

Craig
catfishHunter
Participant
Participant

Post by catfishHunter »

Wow! :) Very nice fish!
And here I was thinking that catching a ~4 lber. was big :shock: ....Congrats!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

No offence but there isn't one thing on that plate I'd get excited to eat... :lol: :lol:

Looks cool though!

RJ
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

RJ wrote:No offence but there isn't one thing on that plate I'd get excited to eat... :lol: :lol:

Looks cool though!

RJ
Neither would Cronzy! :wink:
What is the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The position of the dirt bag!
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Great looking rainbow. That sure is a pot of gold!!!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

RJ

According to my contacts... this is NOT a Brooding stock fish. ... He suspects that he knows where this may have come from but hes not sure..... He is interested though if Mike is willing to devulge the location. :)
-- Rita Rudner
Mike P
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike P »

plncrzy wrote:

RJ

This Bow was caught in a only speck stocked lake. I have fished this lake for years and have never heard of a bow in it, nor in past years has it been ever stocked with bow`s.
I have kept, (except supper :) )the remaining parts for the MNR, having a hard time getting a hold of anyone though.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Time to call in Mulder and Scully. The Truth is out there. :lol:
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

Ive been told that it not ususual for a bow to jump a tank and end up in brook tank (perhaps vice-versa as well?) .. so this guy has likely been there for a while swiming with its cousins VERY VERY COOL
-- Rita Rudner
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

It is very cool.....

It'd be very interesting to hear how old that fish may be from the MNR......and it might explain the decline of the Specks in your lake if there was one......that sucka ate em all.... :lol:

RJ
Mike P
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike P »

I just got off the phone with the MNR. I was told the bow probably did jump tanks many years ago. It has happened before according to them in other lakes, but has not reached this size. They also spectulate`s it was a speckle eater! :shock: Also estimate the fish to be over 15 years old.
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

Mike P wrote:I just got off the phone with the MNR. I was told the bow probably did jump tanks many years ago. It has happened before according to them in other lakes, but has not reached this size. They also spectulate`s it was a speckle eater! :shock: Also estimate the fish to be over 15 years old.
So they (and every other spec fisherman) should happy that this guy has been caught and eaten :lol: so not only did you catch a trophy inland lake Bow... but you provided everybody with a favour at the same time... :lol: :lol:
-- Rita Rudner
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

The dialog in this thread is what makes FH great.
Was there any fin clips?