Proposition for upcoming ice season

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

dead_weight wrote:Ok so maybe Big Jim and all the other senior posties here are right ... people have gotten way too serious ... it's only a joke ... if you don't find it funny then don't laugh ... I mean theres others that have little animations of a stick man hitting a keyboard, blood flying, essentially committing suicide (I think its Dore) ... am I insulted since I had a friend that did pretty much that with a gun .. no ... it's a joke and even though i don't find it funny I'm sure many do.

Life is short ... laugh a little.
Believe me, I joke a lot. Anyone who's been around a while would know.

This is not really something to joke about.

Sure it is "funny"..... but really.

No worries man, I was just stating my opinion, other's may laugh if they wish. Fall through the ice and you won't be joking about it.
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

Fatluke .. i hear ya ... no worries here either ... checking ice is serious business ... where I'm from originally there's always a couple of guys spearing eels who go through every year .. some make it and some don't but they never seem to learn... I recall checking the ice as a kid with my father to see if it was good to skate on ... I was about 10 feet from shore and went through ... i was scared sh^tless ... until I heard my father say "stand up ... it's only about 2 feet deep" ... "oh yeah right .. guess the ice is not ready" ...
Canmoore
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Canmoore »

Man I am totally down, but like some of the other people have mentioned. Safety is my #1 concern. I am not going to go on the ice with people who do not have alot of experience on the bay.

Not knocking you James, I would love to go out to quinte. But I would rather pay a guide, or at least know that I am going with at least one person who has at least 10 years experience on the bay.

I love fishing, but not enough to risk my life over!
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dore »

I'm always in to catch some doreeeeee ! :P
|Dore|
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Excellent!

So it looks like interest is GROWING!!!

Obviously we will only go to areas with a lot of people.

FOR SAFETY PURPOSES!!!

I FULLY agree with Fatluke. I went to some areas last year that were BUSTLING! the week before and were unsafe the next....

Hopefully Mother Nature is more co-operative this ice season. With enough guys and gear pooled together this should be a ton of fun!

Its all in "friendly" competition and EVERYONE is welcome...

DO NOT BE SHY! If you want to ice fish Quinte, this is a good way to do so. Doubtful it'll cost anymore than a couple of bucks to hitch a ride and ice fish for your chance at a PIG of a walleye!

-Jimmy
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

I'm interested. I'm sure one of the guides on here would hook us up with some kind of a group package no?

Last year, I said I was interested in going, and had about 3 PM's later that evening from guides.

Eric