Backdoor Hijack On Kesagami's Pike.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

Right on Carl, you guys killed it. You got your pig in Otter??

Congrats again, can't stop coming back to the pics.

Manny
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Manny... I got one of the pigs in there :wink:

Otter had a lot of promise but it was a tough bay to fish as the fish were scarce for some reason. That eye with the red and white Johnson came out of the thick cabbage in Otter. I did well in Otter...
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

Amazing...as usual....awesome report MB.... 8)
Bucktail
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Bucktail »

Awesome Report guys! Make me wanna go!
Keep 'em coming. Great photos too!
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS.
teppy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by teppy »

Wow, trip of a lifetime right there :lol: :lol:
cerealjoe
Participant
Participant

Post by cerealjoe »

We envy you for that!!!!! :D
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Well put together story Bunk.

This is the second recap I have gotten so far. Just got a text from S.M.05 from Thunder Bay and it looks like I'll be getting a third recap one evening this week.

Awesome fish and impressive eats as well.

A great collection of gnarly "snarlin darlins".
scuro
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scuro »

My first flyin was to this outpost. It brings back fond memories. This is a great spot for a first flyin. Glad to see that Maurice has kept it all tip top and added improvements. Nice fish with big smiles, happy to see you posting another fine NE ontario pike report!
dead_weight
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by dead_weight »

I gotta tell you I keep on coming back to this post ... these are hugs beasts to me ... I've caught some large fish but they were nothing like this ... i mean you didn't catch any small ones !!

Before I croak I think I'll do some sort of fly in trip like this where you are almost guaranteed trophy fish ... I have a buddy that would be up for it in a minute ... we just have to convince our accountants (wives) ...
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

scuro wrote:My first flyin was to this outpost. It brings back fond memories. This is a great spot for a first flyin. Glad to see that Maurice has kept it all tip top and added improvements. Nice fish with big smiles, happy to see you posting another fine NE ontario pike report!
I should have listened to ya a long time ago. :wink: Although, I think Maurice's touch has made it easier for some people to now consider this option for Kesagami.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

Earlier this year just before the ice was getting dicey to tip-toe on and before cabin fever set in, I was offered an invite to slay giants. How could one pass up another 'trip of a lifetime'? Bunk was putting this one together again so I quickly obliged. Waiting for open water was now not so bad....it was even worse.

Maurice & Christine at True North Air are absolutely fabulous hosts. I would highly recommend what they have to offer in outdoor adventure.

The crew of Carl, Mike and Bunk made my vacation a blast. Great guys to share in the 'experience' and one that I will have great memories for years to come.

I will also shout out an honorable mention to James, our pilot. This dude was ultimately responsible for carting our arses to and from our destination while peering down at gods country from thousands of feet in the air. Thank you again James!!

As Bunk stated, I was amazed at the size of Kesagami Lake from the air and while on tour on it's vast, seemingly endless surface in search of giant fish. Respect.

The daily regiment of walking the trail from Patridge to the big lake and back everyday added to the experience for sure. At one point late in the week, I stopped for a moment on the trail and asked if anyone knew what was happening in the 'outside' world? No reply.....just keep moving ya ninja! I did think again of family and friends and maybe some hockey trades that may or may not have happened ....geeez.

The fishing was nothing short of nirvana for personal bests for the crew. AWESOME work guys!!!!!My PB would have to exceed 45-46" to get a cigar in this club. I did potentially have a fish of that magnitude crush my spinnerbait like an Orca slashing through a school of Salmon..........insert several minutes of explatives here. This is exactly why I have to go back!!!

Walleye!! Man o' man Partidge Lake is teeming with them. We had sooooo much fun fishing or should I say catching them almost every night coming back to camp or just going out for an hour or so. Carl and I laughed and laughed over the constant double headers of Walleye while having to only select a certain few to be wrapped in bacon for the BBQ. Here is a picture of the 'grocerey store' under an almost full moon.

The food was perfect! Bunk is a great bush chef. Meal planning on his part is very important to our sustinance and survival. As big and fat as I am, the meals were more than enough to nourish...plus dessert day in day out.

I keep coming back to this as I look over the hundreds of photos that were taken.

Thanks again lads!! Hopefully for me, you guys will have to put up with me again on another trip of a lifetime.

Cheers,

Grant.
If Winnipeg gets a hockey team, Toronto will want one too.....
Astro-Mike
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Astro-Mike »

great pics grant....
MTF
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MTF »

I had a dream about fishing like that once :lol: Awesome report and pics!!
Wishing I was fishing
DropShotr
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by DropShotr »

You are the master sir Image

Once again a trip we'd all love to have been on.

I still think your char fishing trip is still my favorite. Char is on the DS bucket list.

Thanks so much for sharing,
DS
Excessive compulsive dropshot fisherman