Help need suggestions on good shore fishing spots

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jassjason88
Participant
Participant

Help need suggestions on good shore fishing spots

Post by jassjason88 »

Hey guys, I know its not something that one would do, to give away a secret fishing spot. But me and steady-eddy have been all over ottawa within an hour radius trying to find some spots that produce good result. We have had very little luck, and pretty empty wallets now. So I ask for those who are willing to share some good shore fishing spots. Thank you
Dcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dcaster »

Try searching these forums for shore spot threads, I'm sure I have seen others similar to your question. Good luck
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

Where the Jock River meets the Rideau, just off Prince of Wales has produced some smaller muskies pretty consistently for me....Even just using rapala's will do the trip. Just jerk about and you are sure to find one swimming about.

For cats you can always try the Bonnechere river, there's a spot you can walk in to towards the end of it, away from the Otatwa, and cats like the area beneath the falls.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

As Dcaster mentioned there are years worth of threads full of the information you're looking for. I would also suggest using Google Maps/Earth to check out areas as well. Also, you're definitely limiting yourself in terms of locations if you're not willing to get your feet wet.

If there wasn't any challenge to catching fish it wouldn't be called fishing now would it?... ;-)
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Find a lake
park
walk to shore
put on "lucky" lure
Cast, Retrieve, Repeat

:roll:
I fish when SHE lets me!!!
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Help need suggestions on good shore fishing spots

Post by Dore »

jassjason88 wrote:Hey guys, I know its not something that one would do, to give away a secret fishing spot. But me and steady-eddy have been all over ottawa within an hour radius trying to find some spots that produce good result. We have had very little luck, and pretty empty wallets now. So I ask for those who are willing to share some good shore fishing spots. Thank you
HI Welcome to FH :roll:
|Dore|
pikeman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by pikeman »

I've always had success at Dick Bell park and the Wendover launch.
Muskie4L
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Muskie4L »

Jimmy_1 wrote:Find a lake
park
walk to shore
put on "lucky" lure
Cast, Retrieve, Repeat

:roll:
Really?? That's the best we can do? Last week you asked for Gar help :twisted:
Jimmy_1 wrote:I am taking my little guy out fishing today.....

Has to be Gar he says... Laughing

Not really wanting to trailer down to Blair or beyond.

Anywhere around Fitzroy hold them?

Don't want specific spots just an area....It'll make his day for sure...
Say no more...
nips
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nips »

what are you looking to catch?, theres more than enough mudpout on the nation river for everyone. hook,worm,sinker pretty basic chit, but becareul, I hear there are some crazies along that river :shock:
My undersized musky just ATE your trophy bass
Hollywood
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Hollywood »

Yep, might be.... but most of them stay on the Ottawa near Wendover :)

I have also had pretty good luck at Clarence point. Either north of the picnic area fishing the rock shoal, casting worms in the weeds on the east side of the road, or dragging hard biats and jigs through the down-stream flow of the 3 culverts passing under the road.
Fishing is a heritage we need to teach. Take a kid fishing! And take me too while you're at it.