Walleye/Pike opener - terrible weather

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Scum Frog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Walleye/Pike opener - terrible weather

Post by Scum Frog »

Yesterday was probably the most miserable day of fishing I think i ever had. Just above freezing temps with rain and strong winds.....we lasted a couple hours before it drove us off. We caught a few walleye, but not enough to keep us out there!
chappee77
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by chappee77 »

We were out on the Miss. yesterday for about two hours in the morning. Just miserable out there. At least you caught a few eyes we got skunked, Bass is all we caught.
tacklebox
Participant
Participant

Post by tacklebox »

Opening day on the Rideau. The derby went on from8:00 am to 4:00 pm. 2 walleye entered 4 pike largest walleye 18 & half in.pike 26 in. Lots of door prizes thanks to osgoode snowmobile club & snake island auto.

tacklebox
devy
Participant
Participant

Wet and Windy

Post by devy »

Drove down to C Place boat launch in pm when thought winds were dying down at home but when arrived rained like hell and lots of wind. Turned the rig around and back to home . Off a couple of days from work this week..hopefully better !! :(
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

My buddy and I managed 7 walleye on Miss saturday morning in roughly 4 hours. I've certainly seen better opening weekend weather but it wasn't too bad.

Mick
bassman40
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bassman40 »

Thanks for the update guys.
what was the water levels like at the C place public ramp?
Are the docks in yet?

Plan to head down there this wekend for the boats maiden test voyage and hopefully wet a line.

Thanks ina advance,