Pietre Islands Walleye Bay.......

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Pietre Islands Walleye Bay.......

Post by fishin mission »

Ok so after all this warm weather is it still safe to fish pietre islands walleye bay? has anyone been there lately i know pietre is the last place you can fish when the meltdown is on.... has anyone been there this first week of march?
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

I was at Crappie Bay yesterday, tons of ice there (2 feet) and the shoreline is still real solid. I saw a couple huts still on Walleye Bay, but the first 50 feet or so look pretty slushy. That's all I can tell you.

Tight lines and safety first,
Yannick
Fish'n Buddy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fish'n Buddy »

Ice is good on walleye bay, i was there this morning, and over the last week. My shack was the final one to come off this morning. I fish pretty close to shore though, I don't venture far, still wear my survival suit and pay close attention to wear I'm walking , but the shore line is holding up and theres a ton of ice out there. Fishin has not been good though, only a couple small sauger and perch with 20 hrs of fishing over the past week.

Again, where i went is safe around 100 feet from shore tops, and I wear a survival suit and am very cautious of where I'm walking and always keep in the back of mind the "worst case scenario"

Be safe out there, but other then the beutiful weather its not worth it because the fishing has been less then fair.

Lee