Ice fishing etiquette question

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

Bass Addict wrote:30 feet is just to DAMN close ....Period !!!!

End of Topic...
Yea, everybody else should just keep their comments to themselves... the birdman has spoken. :roll:
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

fiiish wrote: the birdman has spoken. :roll:

I've been called worst.... 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
fiiish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fiiish »

Bass Addict wrote:
fiiish wrote: the birdman has spoken. :roll:

I've been called worst.... 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sorry, the topic you are trying to reach is unavailable at the moment... Please leave a message at the end of the "tweet". :P
Nakker
Participant
Participant

Post by Nakker »

Did the guy stay there at his shack or just leave when you guys left? Sounds like a real local yokel...
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

Ask the MNR they are the Law don't forget that every shack has a reg#
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

unless your at petrie iland thats to close!
katch moore
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by katch moore »

Fishing 24/7 wrote:unless your at petrie iland thats to close!
lol!!

Yeah all shanty towns are alike...
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

And to bring this full circle back to the original question regarding etiquette. Apparently some fish hawkers have it and some don't. There are plenty of things that are not against the law to do, but it just makes sense not to do them.

'Well it isn't against the law', is a damned poor reason to justify a bent moral compass needle. There is no law or sign that say you need to use cutlery to eat at your favourite steak house, but most do purely with good etiquette in mind.

if you want to go looking for a fight, join the UFC etc. If you want an enjoyable peaceful afternoon on a lake enjoying the scenery and catching a few fish, drop 24/7 and BA a pm. I have only met them once but they both seem to have their moral compasses pointing in the right direction.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

MLR wrote:
If you want an enjoyable peaceful afternoon on a lake enjoying the scenery and catching a few fish, drop 24/7 and BA a pm. I have only met them once but they both seem to have their moral compasses pointing in the right direction.
Can I be added to that list too?.. :lol:
woodhouse34
Participant
Participant

re:

Post by woodhouse34 »

Well thanks everyone for the heads up. To be fair none of us really ice fish and didn;t really know what we were doing and were just out for some fun. Had the guy said hey were here to fish this is our cabin...no problem we'll move somewhere else. What bothered us is he got fired up at people who don't know anything about ice fishing. Tried to explain that too him but just continued to scream. Anyways thanks for the all the tips and opinions! much appreciated.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

RJ wrote:
MLR wrote:
If you want an enjoyable peaceful afternoon on a lake enjoying the scenery and catching a few fish, drop 24/7 and BA a pm. I have only met them once but they both seem to have their moral compasses pointing in the right direction.
Can I be added to that list too?.. :lol:
Depends, are you going to fog us out with your farting contest?

But yes, you could be on the list along with Slop and many others on here, that i have not personally met.
KevinF
Participant
Participant

Post by KevinF »

its called being CIVIL ABOUT IT........like i say, if somone is going to be an butt to me..i will be one right back!!.....Remember the most important things we learned in life are from Kindergarden.....BE POLITE....SHARE!!... Unless he's paying property tax on his ice shack...then thats another story!!lol
Hookup
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hookup »

I have to admit that I thought about this post a bit last night in the deep comfort of my rye and ginger... :) To many people were opposed to what happened and I had to re-think.

Upon further consideration, and a 3rd drink, i kinda felt 30 feet is pretty close and without more info it seems that it was a bit closer than I'd go for.

If you were honestly fishing the structure and not the shack and 30feet was as far as you could get from the shack while being on the structure... not ideal, but no big deal.

However, if you were fishing the shack because someone thought the spot was a good one and you wanted a piece of it, then that's kind of bad form.

Trying to explain your intentions to this hot-head was well done, packing up and leaving was also good... (not sure I could have bitten my tongue) Too bad the fellow couldn't see past his anger to remember how tough it is to learn about fishing... he could have tipped you off to other spots that he knew of where he didn't have a shack and accomplished the same thing, while helping out a new fisher at the same time.

Oh, and if you think this is a fun thread, just wait till the problems at the boat-launches or boats with big wakes/waves, or tournament boats zipping by people threads appear this spring/summer and then you can see how tame this thread is. :lol: :lol:
pchilli1
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

lake

Post by pchilli1 »

What lake was it? Lets hold a derby there.
Dore
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: lake

Post by Dore »

pchilli1 wrote:What lake was it? Lets hold a derby there.
right by the guys Shack ...... C'mon now .... :roll: :roll:
|Dore|