Loughborough

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JZ
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Loughborough

Post by JZ »

Does anyone fish Loughborough Lake? Is the ice safe yet?
Dirtus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dirtus »

i do , i have not been out yet this year, it all depends on which end of the lake you want to go on..... the east end has some good ice but i dont know about the west end....

andy
KevinF
Participant
Participant

Post by KevinF »

i should be heading out there within the next week or so, will let you know...
Fishnsledder
Participant
Participant

Post by Fishnsledder »

there was a stretch down the middle of the west endvthat was still open.... I would assume it will freeze over in the next couple nights....it's gonna be an early laker bite this year
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

The east end is safe, and the four-wheelers are able to go basically anywhere.

I saw somebody parked along Division Street today where they park to go in to Lake's Bay on the west side of Loughborough (just out past the narrows), but I did not see anybody on the ice.

I do not know about the deep water. I personally doubt it, but do not know.

Doug
plncrzy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by plncrzy »

I remember being out there last year about this time... there was a good 10" of ice where the water was about 50' deep but just a short distance away on the edge of the the shelf where there was 100FOW+ ... the ice was only about 3-4" :shock: AND it was soft
JZ
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

thanks

Post by JZ »

Good to know, thanks for the info.
Prairieboy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Prairieboy »

plncrzy wrote:I remember being out there last year about this time... there was a good 10" of ice where the water was about 50' deep but just a short distance away on the edge of the the shelf where there was 100FOW+ ... the ice was only about 3-4" :shock: AND it was soft
The crust on top often looks good but when the auger breaks through with a splash it is a little unsettling. I would say to look out for those darker spots over the deep water as they are definately boot soakers...or worse.

The short distance plncrzy mentioned above was actually only two short strides away :shock: After that experience, I will forever and a day be cautious on that lake.