If you were buying a new 14ft Aluminum...what would it be?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
McQ
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by McQ »

My recommendation would be the princecraft resorter

http://www.princecraft.com/Content/en-U ... er-20.aspx

It is the most popular with outfitters for a number of reasons.

Wide & stable

Rides very smooth and handles heavier water well

A 15 hsp will push it along at 17 - 19 mph

From personal experience these boats are a workhorse, the lodge I frequent has 6 of them in service for the past 6 years, they are in use daily during the season and they have not experienced a problem over that time.

I have had them out in some serious weather - wind, waves, etc and never was worried about making it home. They provide a dry ride and lots of room to fish from.

McQ
fishead-ed
Participant
Participant

Post by fishead-ed »

Thanks McQ.

The 14 ft resorter is a great boat however they only offer a 20" transom and my motor is a 15" shaft. Yukon 15 offer a 15' or 20" transom so that's why I'm considering it. This is pretty weird since their sister version 16 ft "Starfish" does offer a 15" transom. :roll: I would imagine though the 16ft'ers are a lot more $.
Thanks again !

BTW - I think Misty River went out of business
waynerb66
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by waynerb66 »

I think the proper word for Misty River is absorbed. If I am not mistaken they were bought out some years ago by that boat company that owns LUND. I believe they are called Brunswick. But if you were looking for used, they are a cheaper alternative. When I bought mine, the guy who sold it to me gave me the brochure. It comes with a 15 inch transom. Mine is the 21.
Happy hunting.
Bass Seeker
Participant
Participant

Post by Bass Seeker »

Another nice boat that fits your criteria with a floor is a Lowe 1467wt
http://www.loweboats.com/showroom/utili ... 1467wt.php
Mike
SALMON
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SALMON »

As a former legend owner.....avoid them. The other choices offered here are sound. I went with Lund. :)
fishead-ed
Participant
Participant

Post by fishead-ed »

Thanks for all the opinions...it's certainly got me swayed away from Legend to the Lund/Princecraft....especially from the former Legend owner.

Thanks again !
West Lake Willows
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by West Lake Willows »

Lowe 1467 WT is not a bad option I have one as a rental and its a decent boat. With a 15 it operates well.

I also have a few Lund WC14's. I don't think you can beat these boats. Fantastic boat. With a 15 and 2 guys you will be fine. 3 guys and a load you would want more then a 15hp.

I have the WC14's with a 15 fourstroke electric starts as rentals and get nothing but compliments about them.

Scott