remembrance day Musky

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

remembrance day Musky

Post by Andy_L »

Well i had an opportunity to go musky fishing with MuskyMatt today and i snapped at the chance :)

I met up with Matt at his house and we set off for Wendover. Arrived at the ramp around 7am and hit the water. We marked a number of fish but couldn't get them to go right away. At about 8:30 we picked up Relic at the ramp and he came out with us as well :) What a great pair of guys....I laughed and laughed all day. Which is good, because they fish weren't THAT active :twisted:

After lunch we were changing up depths speeds and baits....we passed over a nice mark on the sonar and 10 seconds later the reels screams. I reeled in what was to be our only fish of the day....a nice VERY healthy 36 inch fish

THANK YOU SO MUCH MATT :) you are a fantastic ambassador for your sport...I can totally understand how its addictive :) Relic, it was great to meet you as well....thanks for the laughs bud :) :D
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

nice. SKI:D

nice weater hey..man we went a few off us in kayak today for ski...nothing but man was it nice on water.

thanks to share.

joco
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

It was a pleasure to spend the day chasing 'skies with you Andy...good times for sure.

Nice day but I wish it had been windy, rotten and either raining or snowing....but we'll take it.
:lol: :lol:

NIce fat muskie and when we marked it and it hit....very cool...that doesn't happen very often....any time you want to go again....let me know..

M.
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by JP »

Great fish Andy.

Cheers
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

WTG ANDY!!!....what's with the finger?? :lol:
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

Great to meet you aswell Andy. Being that you dont fish muskies to often I am glad that you were the guy who's rod went off. Great day on the water for a suntan, not so much for lunge hunting, but that got the skumk out the boat.

Man, that Matt guy can move awfully quick at the first sound of a clicker :lol: :lol:

Another pic of your fish

Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

beautifull hook set!

congrats on the nice fish, weather, and guiding.

nice musky guys!.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

What a beauty day to be out and congrats on yer catch!.....not sure if high skies and flat conditions are best for the search for monsters tho....
muskymatt
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by muskymatt »

slop wrote:What a beauty day to be out and congrats on yer catch!.....not sure if high skies and flat conditions are best for the search for monsters tho....

I couldn't have said it better!! Good golfing weather.....crappy trophy lunge weather....stll managed one though.....personally I would have preferred water at around 41-42 deg cold, windy and overcast but that will come.
lifeisfun
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lifeisfun »

Good for you, nice fish :)
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

muskymatt wrote:
slop wrote:What a beauty day to be out and congrats on yer catch!.....not sure if high skies and flat conditions are best for the search for monsters tho....

I couldn't have said it better!! Good golfing weather.....crappy trophy lunge weather....stll managed one though.....personally I would have preferred water at around 41-42 deg cold, windy and overcast but that will come.
I decided to get a tan and burn lots of gas as well yesterday afternoon :oops: .....what a nice fall day...I can't believe the water temp is still hovering around 47 deg :x
fordson
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fordson »

Nice to see a Ski Guys! Smiles for everyone when that happens. Life is fun and I have caught a 34 and a 47 the last couple weeks and both time it has been blue skys and calm out mostly. Late in the day seems to be better when this is the case for us. Do you think the fish get more active biting when the water is colder from experience?

Regards,
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

[quote="Relic"]Man, that Matt guy can move awfully quick at the first sound of a clicker :lol: :lol:

hehehe that WAS too funny...I was amazed he didn't pull something lunging around like that from the wheel :lol: :lol: :lol:
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice musky man :) .
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Hey Andy,

Beautiful fall musky, congrat's. I'm super jealous of your chance to have those fishing companions, though! Lucky you!

Happy for you, Andy! Hope you can get out again this season.

W.