Nov 8 and still unbelievable stupidity on the water

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Nov 8 and still unbelievable stupidity on the water

Post by Mr.J. »

So Placid, kpin and myself went out for a musky troll today

AWESOME

The weather was fantastic and there were many boats, at least a dozen, out on the river fishing.

For the most part it was a great fishing day. There were guys casting and trolling and still fishing. Lots of waves and even the odd small talk about how the day was going.

We watched one guy fighting a musky that looked like it was going to be big. His rod was doubled over and line was peeling off of his reel. It was obvious his gear was just a tad too lite for musky fishing and the fish got away. Still fun tho.

My point. We were trolling along and we passed these 2 guys slow drifting what looked like suckers. A friendly wave and not much more. BUT down the river, full throttle came buddy and his 2 friends. Not only was the river a bit narrow at this point but buddy didn't even slow down nor did he give these 2 guys any consideration and go a bit wide.

The 3 of us could do nothing but watch and shake our heads when suddenly one of the fisher guys threw what looked like a bottle at buzz head. The range was perfect but butt head was going so fast the the bottle missed by about a half a second.

The 3 of us stood up and applauded and then we prepared to go back and help our fellow fishing friend out if there was going to be a confrontation. But this guy in the speed boat was so brain dead he didn't even know what just happened.

Nov 8 and brain dead boaters are still out there. If you are the guy who threw the bottle I am here to tell you the 3 of us were going to help you out if anything came of it. That a hole should have been shot.

There I feel better
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Brain dead boaters, and I'm sorry, but brain dead fishermen too. Think of the consquences if that bottle had actually found its mark. C'mon, give your head a shake.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Dumb on all acounts. :?
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

both guys were wrong here.

joco.and again PICT goes a long way..people dont like to be post wen they do stupid things.
Last edited by joco on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Nov 8 and still unbelievable stupidity on the water

Post by Bass Addict »

Mr.J. wrote: BUT down the river, full throttle came buddy and his 2 friends.
Find it hard to believe that theres still Bass Dudes out running full throttle in BassBoats like that at this time of the year....

I mean all the tournaments are over by now.. are they not ????

:wink: :lol: :lol:
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Where did it say bass boat???
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Kpin
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Kpin »

Alright, let's get this straight.

Prob. last shot and Indian Summer. Many boaters prob. felt it was their last rip and trust me... we got buzzed by at least 5 boats in a very short period of time.

Buddy in the other boat, had finally had enough.

The offending boater came within such a close distance and speed that it could have caused def. injury to the motionless fishermen.

Plain and simple, he buzzed him. He was an arse. Though I do not approve of violence, if said object hit it's mark, perhaps some common sense might have been knocked in.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

River run

Post by Seaweed »

It was a tough fish yesterday on the river for sure... dang irrigation ditch still hasn't kicked up a good fish for me yet this year... and yes there were a few aholes running around out there... that is par for the course on the river... not much we can do about that... but pitching stuff at them... that is crimminal... :?

Now casting believers.... that might help... honestly your honor I was just fishing... 8)
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: River run

Post by Bass Addict »

Seaweed wrote:.. but pitching stuff at them... that is crimminal... :?
Yeah,, how do you explain throwing a '' Beer '' bottle at someone .... :?:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

When ya say "buzzed" how close are we talking here?...Can you hit them with a medium length cast?

Lots of help you'd be Mr. J and KPin...you weigh about 260 pounds together... :lol: :lol: :lol: ..but ya's look tough... :wink:

RJ
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Mr.J. »

RJ

265, I was wearing my floater suit :lol:

Put it this way, they were close enough it could have very easily turned into a rescue mission...water was 42 Deg

Regardless if you think they were both wrong or not, buddy in his bowrider was driving in a dangerous and reckless manner and was putting other people in jeopardy and at risk of serious injury or worse death.

This is unacceptable on the road and should be on the water as well.

If I was a cop I would charge him BIG TIME.

RJ

I would say with your casting skills you could have flipped a light weighted lure into the boat if not into the driver's lap.
slop
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by slop »

If I was a cop, I'd cut his operators card into itty...bitty pieces.....if he even had one that is?....ahhh man don't even get me started :twisted:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Mr.J. wrote:
265, I was wearing my floater suit :lol:
Whoa!...maybe it's time for light beer... :lol: :lol:

If that's the case for distance....that is terrible.... :shock:

RJ
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Had the bottle hit the reckless boater, the bottle thrower wouldn't have come out ahead. A full investigation with serious charges guaranteed.

Sometimes it doesn't seem fair when vigilantes are dealt with harshly, but vigilante justice leads to anarchy.

A wrong never justifies a bigger wrong.
jwhite
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jwhite »

I'd like to hear the real story.